Hydraulic mal-function

jjwink

Occasionally our back levelers do not fully retract. They stop and level up goes off. I turn it back on and continue retracting them manually. Along with this mystery our door side slide is also stopping before fully retracted. I have to push retract again before it fully is inside. We do not see any signs of a fluid leak. Any suggestions on where to look? Fluid tank is full.

jnbhobe

The slide sounds like a breaker going bad, and my level-up does that once in a while, usually the display says low voltage. I think maybe the pump draws too much voltage or too many amps.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Jon.
I had the same problem that you describe.
I replaced the 50 amp breaker with a new one and no more trouble.
They are around $10 at an auto parts or marine store.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Here's a picture of the mini-circuit breakers that are near the battery. You're might look a bit different, but the basics are the same.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 79

Cjackg

Here's a picture of the mini-circuit breakers that are near the battery. You're might look a bit different, but the basics are the same.

Nice picture and with clear Labels... So, if your breakers look like this (2015 Cyclone) how do you figure out what each one does?

50-AmpBkrs.jpg

danemayer

Nice picture and with clear Labels... So, if your breakers look like this (2015 Cyclone) how do you figure out what each one does?

View attachment 30875

I'll guess you have a residential refrigerator and the heavy red wires on the right are to the power inverter that feeds the frig.

On the left side, the breaker with heavy red wires above and below are from the battery and to the power converter/fuse box. The heavy red wire 2nd from the right is probably the hydraulics pump. The smaller wires could be for things like electric slideouts or stabilizer motors - any relatively high current 12V devices that don't have fuses in the fuse box.

If you do have the residential refrigerator, take a look at the Residential Refrigerator Guide for a physical layout and a wiring overview of the major components in the 12V system.