Level reset

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Had something strange happen today. Packed up this morning to come home from sea rim state park back to our home park in lake Charles. Hitched up and retracted level up with no issues. Made it to our site and got parked. Lowered front legs to unhitched and pull truck out. Once DW parked truck she hit the auto level button and front jacks lowered like normal and then all the other legs came down and it did it's thing and beeped that it was done. Well it was far from level as front was still kneeling on the ground. I knew that this was not correct as this is our normal site and knew where level should have been. Well I retracted everything and tried several times and always got same place that was not level front to back. Finally I just let it think it was level and then raised the front manually and then checked with a level to make sure I was good and then I went through process to reset level. After that I retracted the rear jacks and went through the auto level and it brought me back to where I had just reset to. Question is has this ever happened to anyone else and if so what do you think may have caused it??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am pretty sure that before you hit the auto level the front has to be high.
So maybe after unhitching the front of your RV might have been low.
Dunno, just a thought.

Peace
Dave

jassson007

Don't think that was problem Dave as I have been in same space for well over a year now coming and going every so often. I even raised front up above where I unhitched at and it still did same thing before I reset level. Just thought it was weird and did not want to repeat it if possible. Thanks for the thought though.

Btw was not my day with repairs either...lol.

GWRam

Did you check the level sensor module? Ours is far from the control panel and mounted on the ceiling of the gen. compartment and hard to see and get to.
If it has come loose from its normal mounted position even a little it may affect the sensing of level after driving down the road and wiggling around.

jassson007

Did you check the level sensor module? Ours is far from the control panel and mounted on the ceiling of the gen. compartment and hard to see and get to.
If it has come loose from its normal mounted position even a little it may affect the sensing of level after driving down the road and wiggling around.

I looked at it but not close. Will check it out in the am. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827

I am pretty sure that before you hit the auto level the front has to be high.So maybe after unhitching the front of your RV might have been low.Dunno, just a thought.PeaceDave
This what I was told at the PDI......Mike

danemayer

Happened once to one of our friends. My guess is there's a software bug that shows up on rare occasion if the conditions are just right. If it keeps happening, there might be a sensor/wiring problem or a "brain" problem. The only thing I can think of for you to do is make sure connectors are plugged in all the way at the control panel.

Also you might give Lippert a call and ask if they've looked into this specific behavior.

jassson007

Happened once to one of our friends. My guess is there's a software bug that shows up on rare occasion if the conditions are just right. If it keeps happening, there might be a sensor/wiring problem or a "brain" problem. The only thing I can think of for you to do is make sure connectors are plugged in all the way at the control panel.

Also you might give Lippert a call and ask if they've looked into this specific behavior.

I am going to check connections this afternoon when I get back home. I don't have any trips scheduled for awhile so may not get any other real world testing if it though. Hope it was just a freak occurrence though. Thanks again though Dan.

GWRam

I am pretty sure that before you hit the auto level the front has to be high.
So maybe after unhitching the front of your RV might have been low.
Dunno, just a thought.

Peace
Dave
Dave,
on ours the first thing after unhitching and when auto level button pushed the front landing gear raises of lowers to get unit approx. level. The system remembers the height it was at when you unhitched so it can automatically return there when hitching for departure
Dave

Jim.Allison

Mine got confused once and I did not know what to do, so I hitched it back up and retracted everything. Then started from the unhitched level at the control box (not the front switch). I moved my truck and hit auto level and everything was good. I have no idea why it was confused.

Had something strange happen today. Packed up this morning to come home from sea rim state park back to our home park in lake Charles. Hitched up and retracted level up with no issues. Made it to our site and got parked. Lowered front legs to unhitched and pull truck out. Once DW parked truck she hit the auto level button and front jacks lowered like normal and then all the other legs came down and it did it's thing and beeped that it was done. Well it was far from level as front was still kneeling on the ground. I knew that this was not correct as this is our normal site and knew where level should have been. Well I retracted everything and tried several times and always got same place that was not level front to back. Finally I just let it think it was level and then raised the front manually and then checked with a level to make sure I was good and then I went through process to reset level. After that I retracted the rear jacks and went through the auto level and it brought me back to where I had just reset to. Question is has this ever happened to anyone else and if so what do you think may have caused it??

SeattleLion

I was wondering how to reset level. The coach always levels off just a little. I would like to fix this.

jnbhobe

I can't find the link to the LCI sheet right now, but you have to push the button like 10 times. I'll find it some where.

danemayer

I found the document. Unfortunately it's not very clear. It has a section on "zero setting" but doesn't explain what that means.
http://www.lci1.com/images/support/manuals/om-level-up-automatic-leveling.pdf

The zero set procedures is to 1) manually level the coach, using a good level to check both front to rear and side to side. 2) go through the code sequence shown in the manual to tell the computer it should adopt the current data as being level and use that as a reference in the future.