New Big Horn Owners

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
As of today at 2:00 PM we are the proud owners of a new 2008 Big Horn 3670RL.:D:D:D Spent a full 12hrs taking the trade in to the dealer and getting the new one and making it back home, 440 mile trip. Now we can't wait to use it, but that will have to wait till the last week in March.:mad::mad:
New to the forum and looking forward to a lot of reading. We're not new to RVing, been doing it for 16yrs. Will be doing a lot more come the end of the year when I retire.:)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Were New also..

We also are new to this forum and a new Bighorn owner.. We just picked up our new Bighorn 3400RE. Tonight is our third night.

Hope your enjoying your new rig.

Travel safe and may God Bless.
BC

BTW we will be looking for a lot of great info and new friends from this forum..

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Congratulations to both parties. Here's to many fun-filled days and weeks of fun with this great 5er. We're into our third year of snowbirding in ours in Florida. Please look into the Branson rally in June - I promise you won't regret it.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I am jealous. We are picking up our new 2009 Bighorn 3400RE next wednesday in fresno, ca. got an incredible deal. just put on a pullrite auto super glider 18K hitch, monday getting airlift air bags, and bringing with us a mor/ryde pin cushion and capture plate that Bob and Patty insisted we needed for the chucking and bounce that the dealer is installing for a hundred bucks. i want it today, wah!

CGibson

Well we will be new Big Horn 3400RE owners in April. We can't wait. Those of you soon to get yours let us know how you like it. We will be doing some traveling around up here in Alaska. It will be our last full summer up here.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It's really great to see that so many others have seen the value and FUN in owning a Heartland product!! Welcome to the family everyone...hope to meet you all in Branson!:D

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Congratulations to both new owners! You will love your Heartland products and the form is great also.
Regards
Wayne & Gayle

boatdoc

We're into our second week of the maiden trip here outside Blythe, Ca and could not be happier with our 3670. It's just amazing how much room is in these units. Diana can't believe the halftime oven. The storage is great with it being everywhere. Many complements on the rig and a couple of tours also. Everything is working well along with beautifull weather, ah life is good!!!!

Fordsd250

Welcome bsummit,
Weare also in Arkansas. We have had our BH 3500 for almost 3 years and really have enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy yours and just keep reading this forum and you can learn a bunch of great stuff here.:D

We just purchased our 3400re in January in Pismo Beach. It is our 4th fifth wheel. We have a 16 year old son who is 6ft 200lbs. The last couple of years when he takes a friend or two with him there just was not enough room to move around in our Cougar 276 (which we did enjoy a great deal). It has seemed over the years that about every 5 to 8 years we were upgrading by about 3 ft. This time we went about 8 ft and hope it will keep us for awhile. We have only used it 1 weekend so far but really enjoyed it, we are going again this weekend (presidents day for a 3 nighter). I am interested in anyones opinion on the air pin boxes as this is the only thing I really noticed different than the way my old fifth wheel pulled. I am more concerned with the bounce than with the fore and aft as I have not really noticed that. I have a 2500hd crew cab short bed GMC w/ Firestone airbags. What air pressure do you all run in the bags maybe that would help also. Both the Trail Air and the 5th Airborne seem to get good reviews just looking for opinions. I went to an RV show at the fairgrounds this weekend unfortunately BigHorn wasn't there but it was a good thing for the other brands that were there as all the other units I went into just didn't seem to compare.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey all american,
I just bought the Mor/Ryde pin cushion and capture plate as several people recommend them. Go on their web site to view. There is a special price on www.tweetys.com for $699 no tax, no shipping for the pin cushion and I think you have to tell them the model hitch for the capture plate at $89. I am picking up my new 3400RE tomorrow in fresno, and the service mgr. is putting it all in for $100. I also got the pullrite 18K auto super glider slider that moves 14" forward or backward.
I had installed last week firestone air bags on my truck too. With some old reminders of southeast asia when i was a teenager i need the smoothest ride i could get. i was told airborne was good too but the consensus went for the mor/ryde. Either one will do it i think. i am just stoked it will all be ready to go for our maiden voyage down in paso robles and avila beach. next week is the socal rally in anaheim.
good luck.

sealman

We stayed in Paso Robles (Wine Country RV Resort) on our 1st trip to California. Had a great time, stayed again on our return trip home from Napa.
John

waynet

Hold on to your Big Horns

We also are new to the forum! Bought our 2009, 3055RL between Christmas and New Years. Plan on spending the Spring and Summer months on the shores of Lake Michigan! The wife retires next Friday, need to slow her down. If I could channel her energy into diesel fuel NoneI'd make a million bucks!

Congrats!!!! We love ours! It's to bad we can only enjoy ours 6 mounths a year living in cold Minnesota where the high temp. today was 6 above zero. We are looking to change this situation. These temps. are insane!!!!!!!

HOSS

Hi all, we to are the proud owners of a Bighorn 3670RL. We hope to pick it up next week and go to our local camp ground and get our feet wet, lol. Please any info for the maiden voyage would be great. Hope to see other Bighorn lovers on our travels.

HOSS

Congrats to you all!!! You will love your Big Horn. You will also love this fourm. What a great family of people more than willing to help with any questions you have no matter how big or small. DO NOT be afread to ask questions even if you think it may sound stupid! The only stupid question is the one never ask!

W

wellsfam_utah

We're into our second week of the maiden trip here outside Blythe, Ca and could not be happier with our 3670. It's just amazing how much room is in these units. Diana can't believe the halftime oven. The storage is great with it being everywhere. Many compliments on the rig and a couple of tours also. Everything is working well along with beautiful weather, ah life is good!!!!
W
e currently have a 3500RL Mirage by Thor and am looking for a newer unit. The Bighorn is very likely our next rig, and am taking time to look through the forum. Do you have any suggestions for a fairly new (2yrs) full-timer. Our 3500 actually measures 40' nose to ladder, and wish to have at least a 35' 5er
Thanks