New Member of the North Trail Family Here

CampingJunkie

Hello to all. We have begun the process of purchasing a new 2008 North Trail 28BHS. We hope to pick it up on Tuesday. We are beyond excited. I wanted to introduce myself and the fam. I am Jennifer, my husband is Andy and our two girls, McKenzie (9) and Payton (5). Oh and the furry baby Layla (2) the yorkie. We started camping in May of last year and have been addicted every since. We went from one weekend camping in a friends tent, to buying a hybrid TT a month later and here today buying our first true TT.

We have learned alot in a very short time. What we have learned is that setting up the beds is becoming a drag. So one night during my endless hours of looking at Ebay, googling anything and everything and reading endless posts on the forums I found this company and line of TT. Instant love. As someone has posted prior, I agree the bumper is very sexy. Among other things of course. I like the sheet vinyl over the entire floor. My kids would have ruined any carpet. We were very impressed with the quality of materials and craftmanship. And I could go on and on.

So hello to all my fellow North Trail owners. I am so excited to be a part of your group.

Thanks,
Jennifer

jimtoo

Welcome aboard Jennifer and family. All though I have a Bighorn, we are all part of the Heartland family. I hope you enjoy you North Trail as much as we enjoy our Bighorn, and if you need help with anything, I'm sure you will find it here. There is lots of good information here for you if you need it, or if just want to add some of your own new experiences or cures, they will be welcomed.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats on your new North Trail its becoming a real popular model. Welcome to the forum a lot of fine helpful people here to answer the questions you might have and a direct line to the factory. Many happy adventures.....Ken

campntn

Hi Jennifer!
You and your family are going to LOOOVE that camper. Yes, sitting up beds is a drag. You've come thru the normal succession of camping junkies in a veyr short time: tent, etc.
We get ragged by some saying "that isn't camping" when they see our trailer. I tell em, "I CAN camp in a tent, but it's more fun to sleep in a camper with an airconditioner/potty/microwave. I COULD live in a hut in the woods, but I prefer to live in a house." LOL.
The bunkbeds are perfect for your family setup.
Please keep us posted when you get your unit and post pix!
Mark.
I'm the one who said the bumper is sexy, my kids think I need therapy.:p

theharveys

Welcome. I am sure you will love your new trailer. We also came through the "natural" RV progression of Tent, Popup, Travel Trailer, and now we own a brand new Landmark...so get ready to start dreaming about that new Fifth Wheel! LOL!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome CampingJunkie and CampingJunkie family. We also started out small and worked our way up. First there was the tent and then there was a small Pop-Up camper, then a little bigger Pop-Up camper, then a larger Pop-Up, then a Hybrid T.T. and FINALLY our new North Trail. We picked it up at the end of 2007, Slept in it one night and put it away for the winter. We can't wait until Spring. You had mentioned that setting up the beds was a drag, I didn't mind that, It was tearing them down that was the drag. LOL. Needless to say, that is one thing I will not miss with our new T.T. I will post some pix as soon as we dig it out of the snow. We are planning several trips with our North Trail in 2008 and the family and I are excited. Keep us posted.

Jamie, Ginger and Madison
2008 North Trail 28BHS
2004 F-250 SuperDuty

Longshot1

New North Trail owner

We we did it today, Bought a North Trails 21RBS. The dealer got it in Thursday and we will sign all the paperwork on Thursday a in 3 to 6 inches of snow I don't think will take it home then unless its not snowing. Wife loves the kitchen dinning aera. The dining slide make just enough room for the two of us. yesterday we picked up a 2006 GMC5.3L 4WD pickup Had only 19,000 on it so its just about new. Now I have ot empyt and clean up our old popup to take to the dealer. Can't wait. Marty, Rosemary and Peanut the guard Chihuahua

t

joeybutta

my new 28bhs will be in my driveway on feb.22!! we can"t wait. we just got a foot of snow today so camping is a few months away for us.it will be a huge change for us going from a popup to this new camper.:)oh yeah...that back bumper is pretty cool!:cool:

CampingJunkie

Oh Happy Day!!!! It happened today. We brought home the new baby tonight. Our '08 North Trail 28BHS. And we LOVE IT!!! We have been very lucky, we sold our old camper yesterday to a friend and picked up the new one today. I feel very fortunate that everything has worked out this well. I guess it was meant to be.

So we meet at 3:00 to sign the papers, run through everything, have our new Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH installed, a little caulk added to a few spots, have a new mini blind ordered for the dinette window (it was not closing properly) and off we go. No problems towing with the new and better WDH. I can definitely feel the heavier weight but the WDH does a great job of distributing the weight.

So anyway, we leave the dealer at 5:30 and head to the other trailer to move the contents to the new trailer as the new owner is taking it home tomorrow. Did not realize all the %$#@ we had in that tiny HTT. Love all the storage in the new TT. So that takes us about an hour. We finally get home at 8:00 and we are pooped. So we have a lot of work ahead this weekend organizing everything. But that will be fun.

We love everything. The mattress may be the only thing we dislike. We have 2 in memory foam from the other camper on the bed and it is still hard. May have to add another two inches of foam to make it doable. But I can work around that.

Our maiden voyage is this weekend. This trip was planned before we even started the buying process. We are headed to Oceanlakes CG in Myrtle Beach. We are going to visit friends and have a little BD party for my now 6 yo daughter. We are taking along two of the girls friends to help us celebrate the BD. So we will have a full camper. We will definitely put it through the paces this weekend.

So I will report back after this weekend.

Jennifer

Edmonton

We just ordered our new 28BHS this past weekend. Won't be here for 6-8 weeks but living in the great white north we don't need it until May long weekend. The 3 month wait will be very long.........

CampingJunkie, what are you using for your tow vehicle? I have been researching the different WDH out on the market and the Blue OX was one that definitely caught my eye. We have a Ford F150 so we should be OK according to my math but in any case we need the WDH to make it work properly. Be sure to report on the trip this weekend.

David

campntn

Jennifer..GREAT! I know the feeling you are going thru. Nothing like it. Be sure to take pix and post them. What color is the interior? Did you get the sexy rims? ;)

Joey, I'm sure that you can't wait either. I was told ours arrived on Monday and I started calling early. It didn't arrive until Tuesday and the dealer was QUICK to run out, take pix and email em. And, I posted on here as soon as he said it had landed. Got your wish list made out for it yet??? Your probably gonna need some more stuff. :)
..keep us posted and ask questions, good people here to answer em.

Edmonton, congrats to you as well. Maybe the snow will be gone soon. It should give you plenty of time to plan your trips.

WOW!!! What a bunch of North Trails all of a sudden. I think that it is only the beginning of things to come. The North Trail is a great trailer on several levels. Good stuff...I love to read all about it.

CampingJunkie

Hey Mark. Yeah got the sexy rims. Love'em. The interior is green. I think like yours if my memory serves me correctly.

Like I said in my last post, we have too much crap on it. We need to do some purging. I did go out and buy some organizational things that I had to leave on the other camper as I had velcro'd the stuff on. Like a plastic bag holder for the dog poo, key hooks, etc. I will post pictures soon.

Jennifer

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome, Jenny and family. Enjoy your new "baby". The list of things you purchased sounds like the goodies my DW picked up when we got our BH. Happy camping.

campntn

Hey Mark. Yeah got the sexy rims. Love'em. The interior is green. I think like yours if my memory serves me correctly.

Like I said in my last post, we have too much crap on it. We need to do some purging. I did go out and buy some organizational things that I had to leave on the other camper as I had velcro'd the stuff on. Like a plastic bag holder for the dog poo, key hooks, etc. I will post pictures soon.

Jennifer

Ours is the "breeze", sort of blue/tan/gray setup. We love it.
Can't wait to see your pix. For your convenienc..there is a North Trail photo subforum..:p

joeybutta

i should be getting my new08 28bdh next friday and i can"t wait! we are going from an 01 rockwood popup to this unit.BIG CHANGE!! it was time to do the upgrade thing and this unit looked perfect for our family.i live in maine so it won"t get used for a few months but i hope to post some pics soon.i think this site is really great for us [newbys] to the travel trailer world. any info and tips on this unit would really help.;)

JER-1

E-z-sway 4 Pt Weight Dis Hitch Lifetime War

We just ordered our new 28BHS this past weekend. Won't be here for 6-8 weeks but living in the great white north we don't need it until May long weekend. The 3 month wait will be very long.........

CampingJunkie, what are you using for your tow vehicle? I have been researching the different WDH out on the market and the Blue OX was one that definitely caught my eye. We have a Ford F150 so we should be OK according to my math but in any case we need the WDH to make it work properly. Be sure to report on the trip this weekend.

David
Using e-z-sway weight distrudution hitch 4 point sway control doesn't sway any I mean none with short wheelbase awd ford explorer v-8. No chains or cams none of that extra junk to hook up,have pulled 31red,but bought 280bh toy hauler 5081 # empty, loaded motorcycle generator and stuff about 6300 # greatest sway and weight dis I ever found.
Have your dealer hook you up to one and try it out I was leary till they offered to hook it up and pulled off the lot tookoff down the highway they were right e-z-sway 4 pt. weight dis. lifetime warrenty.
JER-1