Bought 4200- Questions about the Bed...

We just purchased a Cyclone 4200, the dealer assured us that the mattress is considered a pillowtop by "industry standards" but it seems very flimsy and there doesn't appear to have any "pillow"top to it. Does anyone have a pillowtop mattress on their cyclone4200, could you please post a photo of the mattress itself??

Is there any way to tell whether or not it really is a factory Heartland Pillowtop? We kind of feel like it was Switched out.

danemayer

Hi CampingGwrl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I expect someone might be able to post a picture for you.

Something to consider: quite a few of us have bought better mattresses than the typical RV mattress that manufacturers ship. We have a 12" memory foam from LastingImpressionsFoam.com. Others have the Camping World Sleep Number RV mattress. Others have made local purchases or placed custom orders. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that the were planning on keeping their original mattress for more than a year or two.

scottyb

I may be the exception to that rule. The 4100 has a residential King and supposedly came with a memory foam mattress. You need to measure yours, but if it is a residential King, it opens a whole lot of options. It was as hard as a rock and we tried to sleep on it without success for two nights. Before dropping 1500 to 2500 on a new mattress, we purchased a good quality latex foam (not memory foam) topper. For $300, we have been so impressed with it and feel that it sleeps as good as any expensive mattress we have ever owned. The hard as a rock mattress has made a great foundation. Plus with the extra thickness, it fits the deep fitted sheets that you can buy about anywhere.

remoandiris

the dealer assured us that the mattress is considered a pillowtop by "industry standards"

LOL!!! Heartland also claims the furniture is "residential", too!!! Maybe if you buy furniture at Junk R Us.

Agree with spending ~ $100 on a mattress topper before paying several hundred on a new mattress.

BLHFUN

The 4200 does not come with a pillow top mattress. We purchased a 4" cool gel topper from Wal-Mart and used a Quilt mattress pad over the topper. About 200 bucks total and it's as comfortable as home. It does use the standard king size sheets, but the pad and topper make the sheets fit better. You shouldn't need a full blown bed to get the sane results as a good pillow top mattress. Your dealer needs to be knocked on the head for stretching the truth.

I would stay away from the cheap memory foam. Just my opinion

LandYacht

Just purchased a Road Warrior 425 - mine said the same thing - pillow top matress..............************!!!!! I think sleeping on a box of rocks would have been more comfortable. I went to walmart and bought a 4 inch memory foam topper and padded matress cover - 200 bucks total and well worth the money. To top it off I looked at the tag on my matress - it says final fit - 70x80 - which is between a queen and a king - so I purchased the king and it fits very well and now my sheets fit correctly too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your replies! We picked up a mattress topper and a gel pad to see if we can turn that piece of plywood into something comfy, lol! Husband wanted to sleep on it last night when we brought the camper home and I told him No Way, can't even sit on it for 5 minutes without it feeling like concrete, lol.