Inverter Problem

Bought new Cyclone 4200. Turned on inverter when left dealer. After 6 hr ride stopped & noticed ref off. When got home, through checking, inverter will stay on 15 min and then shut off. Error code E03. When reset only stays on 1 min. Turned off all breakers except inverter and ref - same code. Only using inverter for refrigerator. Battery voltage 12.6. Any help. Dealer not responding to calls.

danemayer

Hi Brent-Sandy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm assuming you bought the Residential Refrigerator Option and the inverter you're referring to is the one the factory installed to power the frig only.

The frig maker changed the compressor a few months ago and the newer one draws more power at startup of the compressor, causing the inverter to shut down intermittently. Heartland has modified programming of the inverter to handle the new power demand. While they fixed units in production, a few that were in transit (or in transit lots waiting to be shipped) haven't had the fix applied.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you how to proceed on getting it fixed.

Btw, we have an owner-written Residential Refrigerator User Guide that has a bunch of information not found in the manufacturer's manual. You might want to download a copy. Here's a link.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Brent-Sandy, Dan has given great advice. Contact heartland directly as this was a problem with the residential reefer.

Also, I encourage you to join the owners club as well and possibly come to a couple if rallies. I am the LA chapter leader and in swla if you ever need anything. Btw I do have a rally planned for later this year up at Toledo bend and about to announce another in spring in kinder. Would love to see y'all at one or both.

Andy

swburbguy

I went to heartland today for a factory tour. While I was waiting a factory rep. for the invertors came in, he said the original refrigerators drew 8 amps but they changed the compressors and didn't tell heartland . The new ones draw 25 amps.

rxbristol

I went to heartland today for a factory tour. While I was waiting a factory rep. for the invertors came in, he said the original refrigerators drew 8 amps but they changed the compressors and didn't tell heartland . The new ones draw 25 amps.

That's a huge difference.

Jim.Allison

Numbers don't add up. That much current is 25 amps, which would throw the refer breaker. :cool: To put it more succinctly my 5500 watt generator could not start that compressor and run my AC at the same time.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
A 25 amp draw would make for a really ugly yellow efficiency sticker on the door!

jbeletti

Sorry that you were given wrong info. I have spoken with Heartland corp and they will get with the entire sales team to make sure they all have accurate info on the residential refer current draw.

Though it runs at less than this, the max current draw is 8 amps.

Bought new Cyclone 4200. Turned on inverter when left dealer. After 6 hr ride stopped & noticed ref off. When got home, through checking, inverter will stay on 15 min and then shut off. Error code E03. When reset only stays on 1 min. Turned off all breakers except inverter and ref - same code. Only using inverter for refrigerator. Battery voltage 12.6. Any help. Dealer not responding to calls.

Wife discussed with HL today. They are mailing new inverter. Thanks for all the help and great site. I'm at work so really appreciate all the help.