Prowler Lynx and Trail Runner

ryanmx48

Considering upgrading to a bunkhouse. I'm looking at bunkhouse models and I'm wondering what are differences between the Prowler, Prowler Lynx, and TrailRunner. Is one better than the other, features, quality, etc. The Lynx and Trailrunners seem very similar and priced similar while the Prowler seems a bit higher priced. I think I'm leaning toward the Lynx 30Lx, but I also like the Trailrunner 29FQBS and 29 SLE. The SLE is priced about $4,000 less than the other 2, which makes it more attractive. seems like the Lynx gives you the most features at the pricepoint. Thanks in advance

jimtoo

Re: Prowler Lynx and TrailRunner

Hi Fyanmx48,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our members will jump in soon with some of the information your looking for. Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi ryanmx48,

Another way to get answers is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for Ryan Brady, the General Manager of the Prowler/Trail Runner/Pioneer product line. I'm sure he or someone on his staff could answer all your questions.

Givrider

We have a 2015 Lynx 27LX, the trailer is very sturdy, roomy, and has a nice layout. One issue to consider though is weight capacity, look at the capacity sticker in the door area to make sure you wont be planning to overload the trailer. I was a little disappointed to see a max cargo weight of 1275 lbs after we bought the unit (which isnt too bad as long as you travel with dry tanks). However, to get a trailer that has a large cargo carrying capacity (say 3000-4000 lbs) you will have to spend a good deal more money and rules out lightweight units. As with a lot of other trailers on the market today, you need to be conscious of how much stuff you pack into your trailer when towing it. The higher the price, the more cargo capacity amongst other things. Remember, towing capacity of the tow vehicle is also an issue. A trailer with a dry weight of 6000 lbs that has 4000 lbs of "stuff" packed in it (if a trailer has such a huge cargo capacity) can easily start to exceed max trailer hitch towing capacity of your tow vehicle with a travel trailer and you start getting into fifth wheel weight ranges.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Considering upgrading to a bunkhouse. I'm looking at bunkhouse models and I'm wondering what are differences between the Prowler, Prowler Lynx, and TrailRunner. Is one better than the other, features, quality, etc. The Lynx and Trailrunners seem very similar and priced similar while the Prowler seems a bit higher priced. I think I'm leaning toward the Lynx 30Lx, but I also like the Trailrunner 29FQBS and 29 SLE. The SLE is priced about $4,000 less than the other 2, which makes it more attractive. seems like the Lynx gives you the most features at the price point. Thanks in advance

Can't speak for the Lynx . . . but we have a 2013 Trail Runner and love it!

What did you decide to get?

EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg NewCamperTruck-P9110306.jpg Newtruck&trailer-IMG_20140829_090639644.jpg