power inverter for truck

clowers

Hello, we are looking to install a dc to ac inverter to power a heat pad while traveling. I can't find the required wattage on the heat pad. Anyone using heat pads connected to an inverter?
Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi Clowers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with a suggestion for you. Are you planning on boondocking, or just need it while traveling in the vehicle?

I have a heatiing pad that is pretty old and use it all the time here in the house. It is aprox 12" X 18" and has 3 or 4 levels,, when on the higher setting it is way to hot... rated at 55 watts.

Jim M

Jim.Allison

Just a guess but a cursory search shows that a common heating pad for pain relief is about 150 watts max. If you compare that to a 150 watt light bulb you can get the comparison. So at 150 watts you will need about a 200 watt continuous rating inverter. My son had a similar inverter and it lasted a long time. This one has 2 plugs and a SB port for a computer. If this wont run your heating pad nothing that you can plug into your cigarette lighter will.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...FheKh8b8CFc1i7Aod6mYAbQ&gclsrc=aw.ds#inTheBox

You could also skip the inverter and go straight 12v heating pad, which would be the best option.

http://www.amazon.com/Trillium-Worldwide-TWI-2202-Heated-Travel/dp/B001NBCKYO

Hello, we are looking to install a dc to ac inverter to power a heat pad while traveling. I can't find the required wattage on the heat pad. Anyone using heat pads connected to an inverter?
Thanks.

clowers

We picked up a 200 watt inverter today for the heat pad. It plugs into the 12v socket in the lower console of our silverado. Going to camp in north carolina tomorrow so we'll try it out and let ya'll know how it worked.

I am new to the industry (about 4 1/2 weeks), just got my truck last Friday from wattinsider. I was told it might have a 1800 watt inverter in it turns out it doesn’t. I was given a 300 watt inverter with a deep cycle battery so I can run my CPAP machine. I was told to only run the CPAP off it. I was thinking of maybe just repeating the setup on my own, buying a battery and inverter. Things I am looking to run are a TV and PS4, I have an electric kettle and air fryer, also looking at a 12 volt cooler and also an induction hot plate.
Questions:
What ,if any, of the above things can be safely run off the 300 watt inverter? It is connected directly to the deep cycle battery.
What size inverter do I need to run the things on the above list, I read that the kettle and Air Fryer take about 1800Watts, seems like heating requires a lot of juice?
Can I run a large inverter (2000/3000 Watts) off one deep cycle battery? If so how long should I expect it to last between charges. My plan was to alternate days: charge company battery one day/my battery the next do I need a specific type of deep cycle battery, I’ve read marine battery’s are better for this type of thing.

Last edited: