2006 Landmarks

BluegrassMan

Does anyone know what changes are made for 06 ? I was wondering, interior colors ? ETC.

I'll see them in Harrisburg's RV show Sept. 14 -16, Anyone planing on going ? It is held at Hershey for the first time this year. The Farm show complex was limited in space and they were gouging the RV show for alot of $$$$$. :eek: So they moved the show to the GIANT center on Hershey Park's complex.

It's a BIG RV show, I never miss it.:)

mowmoney

We would love to go, but the last day is on a Friday and there's no way I would get off work early enough that we could get there in time.:(

BluegrassMan

Mowmoney about the Harrisburg Rv show

Hi Mowmoney:

I always go to the show on Saturday, I think that it goes from Thursday through Sunday. I worked the RV show once when I was a Salesman. ( I wasn't a HIGH earner because I was Honest and had a concience!) Earlier in the week, is for the dealers, (seminars etc.) I think the public is welcome on Thursday. I'll be there Saturday Morning.

BluegrassMan

America's Largest RV show

Hi All:
Well,we went to the RV show in Hershey Pa, Saturday. I usually go early in the AM, but powers beyond my control (wifey), we ended up with a later start. BIG MISTAKE ! Traffic was awful, over an hour to go 2 mi.

It was outside except for the vendors.(less vendors than last year @ Harrisburg)
Still it was a HUGE show. For the 1st time ever I didn't look at almost all 5ver's there.

I did get to see 3 Landmark's in 2006 trim. Very subtle changes, the most notable is the outside. New striping and Landmark LOGO (not to my liking). I like the way "Landmark " is on our trailers. Now it is in a wide oval with the name inside it. The stripes are thicker, and some zig zags on the sides approximately at the bathroom location.I like the way our ribbons wave back the side (I wasn't impressed with the new look) BUT, the unit is STILL a great one !!!! I think I sold 2, expressing how we liked our's and showing the guys all the guy stuff. My wife told the factory rep. and the salesmen, they owe me the commission;)

I do think they went cheaper on the hand rail at the entry door, It's an aluminium and black plastic one that folds back, I thought that it was alittle small in diameter, not like some of the other ones I've seen.

Inside, the columns with the capitals on the slide outs are shorter with the board across the top of them, having a insert with vines carved (pressed) into it, then stained darker than the rest. I did like the look! The units with Granite, did have Corian covers for the kitchen sink. ( Charcoal Gray/Black stone look )
Well that's about all I can remember, (with about 10 people in and out the door at all times ). I hope some of you were there, I didn't run into any one with a Landmark that I know of.
Denny:D

jbeletti

Hi Denny,

Thanks for the update on the 2006 Landmarks.

Can't wait for the shows to begin around here. You'd think after we got our trailers, we'd stop going to RV shows. Heck no! I'm sure my wife thinks I am certifiable but I'll drag her along anyway.

Jim

Cheryl

Jim,
You think you're bad? Last January Nelson and I went to the RV show here in Pittsburgh, then the next day we went back (to the same show) and used the excuse of taking my dad and step-mom. By the way, they already have a motorhome too with no intentions of getting a new one.:D

mowmoney

Ha! My hubby doesn't even wait for a show, he's on the net constantly looking at the new floorplans, colors, brands, etc, etc.

It makes me crazy, but then I go a little nuts about electronics so I guess we all have our issues. :D

Cheryl

I guess I should add that we love our Landmark and plan on keeping it for a very long time. We just like to see what's new and "improved".

jbeletti

And by looking at Heartland and others, even when we plan to keep our units for several more years, we can get ideas on modifications that we'd like to do based on new options and features added to the newer units.

Jim

BluegrassMan

New 06 trailers

I didn't get much time to look at OTHER 5ver's but I did stop by the Numar display. I noticed a "NEW" model. Numar is changing their line-up all around, and I don't think it's for the better. (There are some Fleetwood exec's on their board now)
Any way this new model is the Torre Pine, the name caught my eye. I think all models are going to be "TREE" names E.I. Cyprys etc. I stepped inside this Pine model, I didn't think it was a Numar, didn't care for the quality; some of the cabinets looked like wood look vinyl over particle board stiles ( I could be wrong, but I don't think so). The floor plan looked funky too. Oh, maybe it's just me, but I liked the Mountain aire, London Aire's. Take a Look at them during the next show.:cool: