led bulbs in Sundance

pitch black

i ordered BA15S 1141 1156 SMD bulb Interior lights for a friend of mine, same ones i put in my big country, in his sundance, same year has mine, he says they wont work in his, keep kicking breaker or blowing fuse cant remember which one , any body know what led bulb will work in his rig, thanks it is a 2009

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
It's not the bulbs it's a wiring problem. LED fixtures/bulbs do not pull no where near the amps that incondesants do. If the fixture was replaced, then something was wired wrong. Was it a fixture or just bulbs?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I agree it's something in the wiring. We replaced all the light bulbs in our '08 and '12 Big Countrys without any problems. It was expensive but sure saved in the long run.

pitch black

just talked to him, its an 08 and it blew fuse when he put in led bulb, he says the bulbs in it now has one tit on side of bulb and the led has two on the brass part that turns and locks bulb in. any other info would be great thanks, can someone tell me what bulb number sundance unit in 08 came out with, nothing in 5er has been changed and never had any problems til now, he wants led lights cause he boondocks alot, thanks again

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't remember the base numbers, but there are single pin and double pin contact type bulbs that have the same bayonet lug configuration. Stick a single contact one into a double contact lamp and you will blow a fuse. In particular, the wall lamps. DAMHIKT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk