Mounting flexible solar panels

dcwettstein

I would like to purchase the Renogy 100 watt flexible panels for the top of my Big Horn which has a rubber roof. Question is, what should I use to glue them down. After they are fastened down I plan to use RV roof calk around the edges to eliminate air and moisture from getting under the panels. Has anyone had experience with these panels? Thanks.

Majestic

No experience with that other than some research as the idea is good. Dealer says it will void roof warranty so i would suggest getting authorization in writing first. We have not yet taken that step. I will be watching this thread carefully as to the responses.

Jim.Allison

Check my signature, my panel part numbers are in there EVP-144 flexible panels, check my photos. Those panels already have glue on them. They are cheaper per watt than the ones you are looking at. it's watts/$ and that is all. hope this helps. PM me if I can help, i have a lot of resources. good luck

I would like to purchase the Renogy 100 watt flexible panels for the top of my Big Horn which has a rubber roof. Question is, what should I use to glue them down. After they are fastened down I plan to use RV roof calk around the edges to eliminate air and moisture from getting under the panels. Has anyone had experience with these panels? Thanks.

Jim.Allison

If everything you do to your rig causes you concern about your warranties, you will never have fun, **** I voided my warranty the first time I got into my electrical, to install generator, inverter, and controllers. And especially when I put on my flexible solar panels. LOL. You know what the warranty is on that stuff anyway? the guarantee is that there is no guarantee. Have fun with your rig don't worry about warranties and make your mods. If I screwed up my roof I will have to put another on.

But if the roof fails because of materials and workmanship, then they cannot deny warranty no matter what i did. And that is the federal law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act