bedroom tv wont scan any channels

racinjake

I recently purchased my first 5th wheel, sundance xlt265rk. the big tv works fine on antenna but I can't get the bedroom outlet to scan.
any help and ideas would be appreciated.
thanks
Jerry O.

danemayer

Hi racinjake,

On many models, the antenna wire comes into the bedroom first and feeds the signal booster. The signal booster has several outputs; one that goes to a coax connector into which you plug the bedroom TV. The other output goes to the living room. Often the signal booster is mounted in the ceiling near the TV and there may be two coax connectors; one for the signal booster output and the other for satellite.

You probably know this already, but the signal booster has to be on to receive TV signals, and you have to be connected to the correct coax connector if there's more than one.

As with the living room TV, the TV menu has to be set to AIR or ANTENNA before starting the channel scan.

If you've got all that right, then I'd suggest dropping the signal booster to examine the connectors on the backside. Maybe one of the coax connections is loose or has a short or bad crimp.

A word of caution. The 12V line on the signal booster is pretty easy to short to the coax connectors. You might want to cover it with electrical tape while working on the connectors.

RCWilson

Racinjake
Probably a little late now but just pulled my 2015 Elkridge home and was installing a tv in the bunkhouse for the kids, tv would not scan so after some time spent chasing tones on the coax I found myself under the slide pulling a coax wire from under the coach, it unfortunately was not connected to anything, ran an external wire up to the front and tied in to the basement storage connection, works great now ... hope this helps
Robert Wilson
West Palm Beach, Fl

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We just got our 2015 Heartland Prowler P292 three weeks ago, and the dealership went through and labeled most of the connections, but in the living room slide, they got the labels reversed for the satallite/cable wall plate connections.

I haven't fixed it yet, but I'll probably just pull the plate and reverse it, or unscrew the connections from the plate and place them in the right spot . . . whichever is easier to do.