Anchor Down RV Resort- Tennessee

jdamude

We decided to visit Anchor Down RV resort in Tennessee for the first time. It was a twelve hour journey for us but well worth the trip. The resort is located five minutes off I81 in Dandridge Tennessee. The owner has spared no exspense in developing this property originally purchased for a subdivision.

Upon on arriving at the front gate we realized quickly that this resort was first class. If there has to be any negatives, I would mention that the trees are very young and it will be a while before they provide any shade. We are staying on the upper level where there are a row of mature pines that gave us great shade and an awesome view down to the lake.

If you are ever in this neck of the woods, this is a resort that you must try. I can see this being a great place for the snow birds to stop on the trip south in the fall, however it is approximately two hours from the I77.

Tomorrow we will take a day trip to Pigeon Forge to check out the local tourism.

I have attached a couple of pictures of our site and the campground.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 91

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Anchor Down's manager has approach us about doing a chapter rally there which might be a possibility but would prefer to go to a location with a clubhouse. He said that a clubhouse is in the future but not now since the cost of putting in the initial sites. He hopes to also expands by opening up more sites but since is their first year, will have to see how the reception is.

jbeletti

Is there a covered pavilion? The NE Region just had their Regional Rally and all activities were outdoors under the covered pavilion. Worked great. Of course, the weather has to cooperate :)

jdamude

Is there a covered pavilion? The NE Region just had their Regional Rally and all activities were outdoors under the covered pavilion. Worked great. Of course, the weather has to cooperate :)

Jim, there is a covered pavilion but I don't think it would be conducive to a large crowd.

jdamude

Heres the pavilions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 64

Seren

Might be a nice place for the Tennessee Chapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD