Shredded my underbelly cover.....on the interstate!

odiehog

I'm looking for a good source for the "Coroplast" material that I shredded cruising down the highway. No warning...just started flying apart. Has anyone replaced their underbelly cover with a different material or possibly one that is a bit thicker than the 4mm stuff that was on there? CW wants over $350 for the 320 sq ft that I need to cover my Cyclone. Anyone know of another source for Coroplast? Regal Plastics only sells wholesale and they start at 5,000 sq ft minimum order. Any help appreciated. :confused:

Steve

Kbvols

Try Heartland Customer service. They gave me some at the National Rally last year. They may would sell some fairly reasonable.

danemayer

I think Heartland sells coroplast in 8 foot wide lengths for $10 a linear foot. So maybe Camping World's price isn't bad. Any local dealer should have or be able to quickly get it.

Garypowell

Try a local printer. They use it for printing signs. Now that I think of it they will probably only have white....but if the price was right and you only travel between May 31 and Labor Day it might be considered fashionable.

I replaced my basement wall and my local printers price was right but they had a minimum so I bought what I needed at Home Depot

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You'd do much better to find some locally because shipping will be astronomical! Light yes, but very bulky.

Jim.Allison

Your search should be corrugated plastic sheeting. double sided, and you will want to know the thickness of the material. My experience is that freight pails to the discounts you can get online, plus in my state you can avoid the sales tax by ordering online. An order this big will come in motor freight, and if you tell them to hold at the dock for pickup then you can get a commercial rate. Freight is not the reason to buy local. The locals have to pay freight too. You may even be able to buy a heavier ga material online if that will help.

If I might make a suggestion. I would consolidate all the good material and use it to repair as much as I could then buy enough to complete the repair. I would use 4 inch wide "Gorilla Tape" to make joints and minor repairs of salvageable material. I have used this gorilla tape technique on my underbelly and it works great but you need to buy 4 inch wide. And you have to clean with isopropyl to for good adhesion.