Docking Center Revision

slaytop

I was inspired by the Bighorn project by Sailorand to change the UDC on my Landmark. I had three goals: 1, Place the electrical components above the water connections; 2, Mount a water filter in the dock compartment; and 3, add a second black water tank flushing system to the dock.

I disconnected and removed all the components on the back wall of the compartment and then cut the panel open. The original openings gave a good outline to follow and left a 1" border around the panel to mount a new piece.

I laid out the components on a new 1/16" aluminum sheet and cut out the openings. I also notched the panel to permit the filter and flush hoses to pass through. I did not reinstall the Cat 5 connector nor the glove box. Items were located toward the right to give room for the filter.

I made a bracket to mount the filter on the left side of the compartment. The filter hoses are tied into the main supply line behind the panel and will filter all water going from both the tank and city water supplies. The new flusher system is mounted near the toilet down pipe to clear out that area.

The new panel was fastened to the back of the compartment with stainless screws. It is removable if future service is necessary.
The photos will give an idea of how this project progressed.

It hasn't been trip tested but I think it will be an improvement.
Larry

Attachments

• IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 126

jbeletti

Wow - Larry that is awesome. You'll have a flock over by you at the next rally.

Are we going to see you and Marilyn in Branson?

Jim

slaytop

Jim,
We are planning to attend. We are waiting for the registration process to begin for the rally.
Larry

truknutt

Committed Member
Jim,
We are planning to attend. We are waiting for the registration process to begin for the rally.
Larry

Mr. Larry,

If you venture to the Homepage and "click" on the "Save Your Spot", spot you can begin the registration process.

Have fun

Dave