CY 4000 electric recliner falling forward

Erika

Hi All,

We just took delivery of our CY 4000 and I have found this forum invaluable in answering the many questions that have already come up for us, being new to RVing. I have only seen one other post about this issue, and there was no resolution mentioned:

We have the L-shaped sofa and are hoping to get more info about the bracket to attach the free floating manual recliner to the rest of the unit. More urgently, we are wondering what is going on with the electric recliner? It just dumps the occupant forward, almost toppling him/her onto the floor. I pulled it out and looked behind/underneath and I see that the front molding on the slide floor (which acts as a base for the sofa) is crushed/rolling forward and there are deep scratches in it where the recliner was sitting. Something is obviously wrong. Is it supposed to be attached or stabilized in some way so that it won't move forward and crush the slide's edge? Should we put something under it to support it and protect the slide's floor?

Has anyone else dealt with this problem? What solutions were offered to you by either Broyhill or Heartland or your dealership/service techs?

Thanks in advance. You'll probably be getting more questions from me, as we are learning as we go.

- Erika

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Erika,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you don't get an answer soon from another member I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 and explain your problem to them.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Erika, from another Erika! Welcome to the Heartland forum. I can't help with your specific questions, but wanted to say hi. It's not often I meet an Erika with the same spelling. :)

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cyclone 4000 with the new Broyhill funiture. Have not had the problem with the electric recliner you speak of. The section next to it will tip over forward and is not secured in the rear. After several calls to the factory they shipped me a bracket which I installed myself and it help secure the manual recliner while stationary.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Erika

Thanks, Chief. I will give them a call today. So, your electric recliner works as expected? Ours is unusable. I noticed that something was wrong when we did the walk through, but stupid me, I guess I just figured that I was doing something wrong and I felt a little rushed to keep moving through the rig, so I didn't say anything. After seeing what was going on underneath, now I'm worried about damaging the floor if I put the slide in because it might drag across the floor.

Between this, and trying to get cable installed without having known about the antenna amplifier switch (which makes all of the cable lines unusable when on and caused the cable installer and me to become very frustrated and take some things apart that I now have to put back together) and still not being able to get the water hooked up (I must be missing a valve or something), I'm having a rough first few days.

Thanks for the note, Erika. Yep, it's the Scandinavian spelling, I believe. My family has some Swedish lineage, so I think that may have been an influence.

Erika

Thanks. I'm realizing just how inadequate our walk through was. Since we got the walk through in the parking lot of the service center, it wasn't hooked up to water, so I didn't get to see anything water related in action. Also, it was in the service center for a few weeks after that because they damaged a bay door and had to replace it for us, so it's been a while since I heard the quick explanation of everything. It doesn't help that my husband is working at home, so I have been trying to do all of this myself out at the site. I'm sure I'll get it all figured out soon. :)

Erika

Ok, I spoke with Heartland and apparently the recliner was supposed to have been secured (bolted/strapped?) in place. Since it was not secured, that allowed it to slide forward and damage the slide floor/molding. I am going to take pics and send them to Heartland, then they will send out a repair person to the site when they get whatever parts may be needed. It sounds like this was something that probably should have been caught somewhere between manufacture and PDI, but it wasn't. Oh well, stuff happens. Just glad that they will send someone out to me, so I don't have to drive all the way back to the dealership!