Inflatable boats

cruisin condominimum

crusin condominimum
We are fisherpersons and our rig is too long to triple tow the boat:( . So we are thinking about the Sea Eagle 14' inflatable boat and a 10 hp motor. It will easily fit in the bed of the PU or in the storage compartment of the Golden Gate. Would like to hear from others who may have an inflatable for fishing and particularly if you have the Sea Eagle. Thanks for your input.

Tom of Ypsi

I do not own a Sea Eagle but a couple in our camping club does and they love it. They put a small outboard, 5 hp I think, and have no problems with it. They carry a pump with them, no pickup truck but a SUV with a popup trailer, and it is ready to go in a matter of minutes. It is on my list of things I want but I need other things more important, like money, first.

cruisin condominimum

crusin condominimum
inflatable boats

Thanks Tom for your reply. That is helpful. The factory states that Cabella's is a dealer for Sea Eagle, however, we have gone to 2 Cabella's and they carry the 9 ft. but not the 14 foot. I called the factory and they were not interested in the fact that I thought taking their product to the big RV shows would be a good market niche for them and was told "if Cabella's decides to take the boats to an RV show that's their business". So much for marketing!! We're a little leary of spending $2,000+ for a boat and motor sight unseen! That's why I posted the question, to get feedback from other inflatable owners. Happy Camping:) Susan
2005 Ford F350, CC, DRW, Diesel
2005 Golden Gate #8

Tom of Ypsi

Hi again Susan,
You might want to take a look at Camping World. All I see is the Kayak and the 8'6" fishing model but I think they can order any kind you want. I also noticed that their fishing model was cheaper, $100, than the price on the Sea Eagle web site. The Camping World around here sometimes has one inflated but not all of the time. Might be worth checking out.