3200RS front generator/storage compartment

jimpav

The front compartment seems to have numerous cutout areas for a generator, I assume. This compartment also houses the batteries and inverter. What has anyone put on the floor to make it water resistant? If you want to store items in there and want to keep them dry, they will get wet when traveling over wet/rainy roads.

Hunter11

We just sealed our front compartment area up last weekend for the reason you mentioned. I am not saying this is the best or only way to do it but we took Gorilla tape and put over all the cutouts and holes from the inside. We then cut a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's to fit in the floor area and laid it in there. We have a Champion 3100 generator, 120v air compressor and several other smaller items in there. If this method does not work to keep things dry we will look at something else.

jimpav

We just sealed our front compartment area up last weekend for the reason you mentioned. I am not saying this is the best or only way to do it but we took Gorilla tape and put over all the cutouts and holes from the inside. We then cut a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's to fit in the floor area and laid it in there. We have a Champion 3100 generator, 120v air compressor and several other smaller items in there. If this method does not work to keep things dry we will look at something else.

Thanks Hunter...... I just thought there was some kind of lightweight water resistant ,durable material for sale that I could use. If I find something, I'll let the forum know.

Jim.Allison

Ditto on the Gorilla tape, I sealed parts of the bottom (that should have been sealed) of my rig with it. Clean with isopropyl and it will stick forever.