Anyone having problems with dining chair seats?

kseagle

Both of our hinged chair seats have collapsed. One came that way and the second just gave way when's I kneeled on it to open the window. Headtland is replacing the first but I'm thinking we'd be better off taking it to an upholstery shop & replacing the particle board with solid plywood. Any thoughts?

rxbristol

We got rid of ours because the frames kept coming apart and we didn't like the curved top because it prevented the chair from sitting flat against the wall which in turn gave one less room at the table. We are only using the folding chairs currently and will replace those in the future. I actually find the folding chairs more comfortable to sit on.

Seren

Yes, one of ours collapsed 2 months after buying our Landmark. Heartland is replacing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

adam

I mentioned in another thread that my wife and I removed our dining room table. We now use the 2 folding chairs and the narrow cabinet top that comes with the exterior TV option as a breakfast bar. It gives us alot more space and we were able to put the 2 fixed dining chairs in storage in our home.

It wouldn't be a hard DIY job or a expensive one to have someone replace the "cardboard" with a quality wood base, new foam and material.

On a related note I am currently reinforcing select drawer bottoms in our new Key Largo for durability. I recall reading that Heartland may be using solid bottom material in the new 365. In my opinion that is a must in units of this quality.

Adam

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We gave away the four dining table chairs and replaced them with two real wood, real Amish made Windsor chairs. Even with no padding they're more comfortable. Found some real wood (padded seats) folding chairs online for use with guests. They tuck behind/under the sofa when not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslater

same thing happened to mine the first time i sat on it … i pulled the cover off it and found the cheap 1/2" particle board they used …cut out a new base using 3/4" plywood and took all of it to a upholstery shop . they charged me $25 to repair it…way cheaper than dealing with the factory to send more replacement junk to replace it …..its a crime they can't spend another 50 cents to give a decent product

Soshi4

The front crossbeam of the frame on the folding chair broke where the metal dowel pin goes into the leg. Appears that the hole location on either the leg or the cross beam is pre-drilled just a little bit off of the proper location. This causes stress when the weight of a person sits on the chair. First one broke after only one month and Heartland replaced it. Replacement chair broke in same place this week. On top of being uncomfortable we are going to start looking for alternate chair that matches the table and rig décor.

Soshi4

JohnDar

Do you still have the website or remember the name of the company where you got the folding chairs? Thanks

Soshi4

GOTTOYS

Wal Mart has some nice upholstered wooden folding chairs that I used in our last trailer. Reasonable price and fairly good quality. I would buy them again...Don

My Cyclone 3110 has drill holes that would support the chair. Can anyone tell me if I am correct? Should there be a support leg?
Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Barbie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our dining room chairs broke the first time we sat in them. Heartland replaced them but they are of the same poor quality. We use TV trays now and don't even sit in them. They are poorly stapled together with no glue. Poor workmanship.