ATF: North Trail - Want to upgrade livingroom ceiling vent to a Fantastic Fan

Deborah56

My husband would like to switch from a vent to a Fantastic Fan. We had one in our teardrop and found it to be, quite simply, fantastic! I saw a two year old post about there being no available hot wires in that area to connect with. Have there been any changes in the last several years to the NorthTrail Caliber Edition 26RLSS and where wires are located? Has anyone done this?
Thanks much!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You could always pull down the interior trim on the vent and check. I know Menards sells a surface mount system to run wiring in. It's about an inch wide and maybe 5/16 thick. You can probably find 12 volts in an adjoining cabinet and run wires from it.
Here is a link to the channel. http://www.menards.com/main/p-2285205-c-9801.htm
There are accessories that go along with it. Elbows etc.

Bob52

Just got it done (Deb56 husband). Needed to take down the overhead light by the vent opening and then run the wires from the vent hole to the overhead light hole, then to the cabinet where the light switches are. Did all this with an electrical "Fish" wire through the foam. After the wire was run I filled the hole that I made through the foam with a can of spray foam. To get the fan wired to the +12volts that run to the light switch I had to clear out the cabinet above the sink and remove the finished end panel inside the cabinet behind the light switches. This was relatively easy and I had a staple gun to put the panel back on with. Drilled thee holes: two though the aluminum frame for the vent surround (put in rubber gromets to run the wires through)and one through the ceiling behind the inside finished panel I removed in the cabinet. It works great! just wish that they (HEARTLAND) would have had a +12volt wire run to the rear vent area for people that want to put a power vent in. I am not worried about the current draw of the fan as I have replaced all the light bus with LED Lights which draw very little current.