great trailer

Mariposa

We made our trip to Camping World RV in Katy, TX. The switches on the fire place were replaced and we were on our way. I could not be much happier with the service we had the last couple of times we visit the dealer ship.
We stopped at Three Rivers, TX and had new rubber put on all the way around.
The Big Horn has prove to be a great unit. Tows very nice, even with winds. It handles very nice. I am slow when backing, but that is getting easier, too.
In the different RV parks the Big Horn it has kept us dry and warm, even if a water line did freeze one night, in New Mexico and the winds did blow.
Right now we are in California, just south of San Jose. Traffic, traffic.
We really like the 3400 Big Horn. It has lots of room.
Bob

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I got one too..

Bob
I just picked up my 340RE last weekend. We are at a Rally in Kerrville TX. When we leave here on the 20th we are going to have a fireplace installed.

Would you let me know what brand and model you have, is it dealer or factory installed.

BTW.. We are fulltimers out of Livingston also. SKP96030.

If your in the neighborhood give us a holler.

BC

Mariposa

fire place

TXBobcat,
What? A Fire Place in an RV?
We have been using the fire place, a lot. Lately it had been chilly here in central California.
I don't know if the fire place was factory or after market from the dealer. It is DESA Heating products. 2701 Industrial Drive, Bowling Green Ky WWW.desatech.com
I want to add wood and stir the fire, sometimes. Just seeing the flames keep me warm. Or knowing, no chain saws, no hauling wood, no ashes, and all the other stuff that goes with maintaining a fire place. It doesn't take too much room and is easy to remove for service if needed.
"Keeping the home fires burning"
Bob
We should be back in TX end of April or May.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Mariposa
We are now at the Canyon of Eagles near Marble Falls, TX. We have used the fireplace last night and it kept the temp inside the trailer about 20* above the outside temp. It got down to 45* and this morning it was 61*. I sorta expected it to do better but it works and is nice to look at.

I have a little $20 heater that puts out about as much heat as the fireplace does. The fireplace does get hot right up front but don't feel it about 10' away. Would be nice if the fan would be stronger.

Now don't take my statement wrong. I like the fireplace but had a larger expectation.

If your in the neighborhood please look me up.

BC

ChopperBill

Some folks are putting an air intake in the side wall under the desk for the fan to pull more air. Guess it works. Seems we never have full hook ups so we dont use the fireplace much.

Forrest Fetherolf

"Would be nice if the fan would be stronger."

Fan in fireplace?????????? If you have the Optiflame fireplace, there is no fan, that is why to wood trim around the fireplace gets hot. If it had a fan to blow air into the room, the circulation would be much better. The other problem on many units, Heartland installed the fireplaces on the carpet, which is a no-no according to manufacturer's specs, and failed to provide adequate air space intake openings to allow air to flow over the heating coils and circulate into the room.

Forrest

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Forrest:
We have an Optiflame in our Big Horn and it has a fan. Wonder why they would put one in without a fan? I feel the same as others, wish the fan was a bit stronger, but it sure keeps the DW warm when she is at the computer.
Fred