Seating Modification to New GW3650BH

Jhuff8181

We are taking delivery of our new Gateway 3650BH in a few weeks. I am thinking about removing the small bench seat shown in the photo and replacing it with two recliners. Has anyone do this? Is it possible? - John

Attachments

• a3650bh.jpg
    a3650bh.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 147

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I think you would get more use out of the recliners. That bench seemed to be straight up seating. Not to comfortable for watching tv. Do you think you will have enough room for 2 recliners? Let us know how it turns out.

Crumgater

I found a wall-hugger love-seat recliner to replace the recliners we had in our Elkridge. It might fit in that same spot.

I think the challenge will be finding something that fits tight enough to the wall to not interfere with the slide coming in.

Jhuff8181

Thank you for your reply. I thought about the slide issue so I was thinking about something movable (see photo). Is the floor and the wall under the unit finished?

Attachments

• recliner.jpg
    recliner.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 62

swiftk77

We immediately converted this sofa into the "dog sofa". It is not very comfortable to sit on, so we threw and old blanket and now they have a sofa of their own.

I totally removed this small couch from ours. The 2014 the floor is finished. I think that there would be enough room for one recliner we currently use a reclining camp chair when company comes over but as a temporary deal. We are using the extra floor space for the kids toys.