pillow top mattress

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
We just received our new 2009 landmark Augusta, nice looking coach,with all of the possible upgrades, including a generator etc, and was also to have an upgraded pillow top mattress, but when we received it, it appears that someone forgot to put the pillow, in the pillow top as it looks like the mattress has a serious flat, bad upgrade for signature series coach for heartland. Our dealer says that he will put another mattress in the coach which will come out of a 2008 big horn which is what we traded in for the landmark, but this will not be a pillow top mattress, but a much better regular mattress, than what we currently have????
Hey Heartland please respond, what's happening...
Mike:confused:,

jpmorgan37

Mike;

I would suggest that you contact Heartland Customer Service and discuss your findings with them. You can reach them at 877-262-8032.

Good Luck;

John

No pillow top here

I too just purchased a 2008 and somebody forgot the topping on are mattress :(

I have made the dealer aware , no resolve to date

Brent

Arkansas1

Brent,
We were lucky enough that our dealer swapped the mattress from another unit and got the other adjusted,with no down time for us, however we just purchased a tempur pedic mattress, and are very pleased with the results.
Good luck !
Mike

I have had concerns about the off size of the KING mattress in are Augusta . IF i did want to purchase a new one

Was you custom made to fit??

Brent

jbeletti

Brent,

We added the Select Comfort Sleep Number bed to our 2009 Landmark Pinehurst. It's the RV King edition. Fits fine. I believe it is 72x80. These are likely the max dimensions you have to work with when considering an alternate mattress.

Make your measurements with your trailer, then shop forearmed with that knowledge.

Arkansas1

Brent,
We did have ours custom fit to our coach, and with the tempur pedic it fit like a charm, with no regrets and a much more comfortable sleep. If you take your measurements with you they can fix right up, and you can put either a tempur pedic or some prefer an air adjustable, personal prefrence. Either way I think that you will be satisfied with the results.
Take care.
Mike

azbound

You may want to share the name of your dealer. Sound like a stand up dealership. The kind your neighbors should know about, the kind that Heartland can be proud to have represent them.

Thanks, I knew when we had purchased sheets they fit big and a 4 inch foam mattress pad for a king was to large also and swaped it for a queen to get on with some sleeping.

Still hoping to get what I paid for from the dealer, and go from there.

Brent

Delaine and Lindy

We had exact same problem and when I mentioned it to dealer nothing was done. I went to Walmart and bought a king 4 inch foam mattress pad and cut just enough off the side that it fit the width of the king size bed. The length was fine and it came in a nice zip cover. I then put a king mattress pad cover over the whole thing and now it sleeps good. I do hope they do something about the so called pillow top that doesn't have a pillow in it.

Arkansas1

Hey folks I'm back! the name of our dealer that was requested is "Great Escape RV" in Mountain Home, Arkansas

mikenjulie

Pillow Top Mattress

We were with our friends yesterday doing a PDI on their Landmark Pinehurst at RV Outlet in Fresno, Ca. I mentioned the issue of the pillow missing from the pillow top mattress on the one in their rig and told them we had the same problem. RV Outlet is taking care of this right away by contacting Heartland.

Arkansas1

Good for you, I'm glad that it's going to work out for you. I just wish that others were as fortunate.
Happy Camping,
Mike

Mac

My husband and I just purchased a new 2010 Landmark Oakmont. Prior to upgrading from our 2006 Pilgrim Open Road (with a queen bed) we had decided to upgrade our bed at home with a new king bed (Sealy). When we looked at the Landmark, it showed that it had a king bed. When we took delivery of the new rig, we were very disappointed to learn that the king bed dimensions in the Landmark (70" x 80") are not the same as a traditional King bed in one's home (76" x 80"). When we bought the new mattress for home, it was for the express purpose of moving it to the 5th wheel and taking the mattress that came with the 5th wheel and putting it in storage with the rest of our stuff (we are about to go full-time). I assumed that a 'king mattress' was a 'king mattress'. (I understand a Calif. King is a different size. Imagine my surprise when we got the rig home and actually measured the mattress and learned of the size discrepancy. Incidently, I could not find anywhere on the Heartland website or brochures, what the actual dimension of the RV king mattress was. Unwilling to give up the comfort of our new Sealy mattress, I took a thread ripper, and opened the underside seam of the Sealy, trimmed off some of the base foam padding, my husband "cut" two rows of springs off, and reattached the side pieces, and sewed up the seam. (whew!) We were able to fit the new Sealy in the rig instead of the 'delux' pillowtop mattress that came with it. It would be really helpful if Heartland could put a few more details (like the actual mattress size) somewhere in the brochures.

lwmcguir

Sure agree with your post. We tried to give away the so called king so we could put in a Queen pillow top. No takers due to the odd size. Sheet and mattress pads don't work well and it just a pain. Put queens or real kings and go for it.

2markeys

Mac,
THANK YOU for sharing this post. We also just purchased a 2010 Oakmont in March and had the exact same experience. How resourceful you have been in custom fitting your own mattress! We may have to try our hand at this as well. What type of needle and thread did you use for the re-sew?

Thanks also to everyone else that posted in regards to the "pillowtop" mattress in the Landmarks. We traded up but this is definitely one area where we went backwards from our previous Holiday Rambler Alumascape where we had a true king, quality mattress standard with the coach. Landmark needs to be better.

360gal

You can always purchase sheet harness from bed bath and beyond to hold sheets in place. They crisscross under the mattress and clip on opposing corners. Sheets never move or slip out of place. Just a thought. Good luck. I am supposed to receive my Landmark Rushmore this coming weekend. So excited.

Diana