Calling all North Trail owners

campntn

Where do you live, what model North Trail do you own and what are you camping plans this year?

We live in Jackson, Tennessee...(yes, home of the recent tornadoes)
We are planning, tentatively, a trip north and east this year. We covered the west last year. Our kids will be 12 and 15 this year and it's time. Soon, we will not be able to get them to camp much with us, we realize it's a natural progression of their AND our lives. With kids, it's a truly "seize the moment" as the moments are very few and quick.
Last summer, I drove 6,487.3 miles, we camped 16 states in 24 nites. Sounds like a lot, yes, but it was incredible adventure and unforgettable memories were made. Here is a link to the blog that I made along that journey: http://ouroutwesttrip.blogspot.com/
Here is my personal favorite entry out of the whole month:
http://ouroutwesttrip.blogspot.com/2007/06/beginning-our-final-approach.html
This June, we are planning a trip north from Tennessee to Mackinaw Island, Niagara Falls, outskirts of New York City, DC, down a little coastline of NC, then back home. That's the big trip.
This time it should only be about 3,500 miles. :eek:

I guess that I'm gonna put that North Trail thru the paces in 08. But, I'm glad I didn't have that 31 footer as I towed down the Vegas strip (oh..that's a blog) and up the most beautiful but treacherous Pacific Coast Hwy 1.
Then, of course, we'll have some smaller..more local, trips planned.

So, what's up with you and where are you going? As for me and mine, we can't WAIT to get out on the road again!

CampingJunkie

We will be in Carthage, TN at Defeated Creek CG from 07/12/08-07/19/08 in our new 28BHS. We were looking forward to this trip and but now even more so in the new TT. We are going from a 19 foot HTT with no slide to this new TT. So we will be soooo much more comfortable in the new one.

I know this location is on the other side of Nashville from where you are but if you are in the area, stop by. We will be with four other families with a total of 13 kids between us during this trip. This will be our furthest trip thus far. We have some wonderful state parks in SC so we have not traveled far out of SC yet. So we look forward to visiting TN and Nashville during this trip.

See ya down the road.
Jennifer

campntn

Defeated Creek is one of the best campgrounds in Tennessee. You will really enjoy your trip there. We camped there with a group in 06 and it was too hot to make a fire. We contemplated putting a block of ice in a ring and sitting around to watch it melt. LOL. Somehow, it didn't seem the same.
It is manicured like a golf course there. Beautiful place to camp. Nice shady spots. Full hookups. Durnit...now your making me wanna go back. It is about a 3 hour drive for us. AND while we're there, go back to Nashville for a day trip to Nashville shores..my son and I LOVE that huge wateslide. :p
We might make it! It'd be nice to have some fellow Northtailers there. (Jim penned that term, I can't own it.but it is a cool name tho)
Thanks for the invite..

31bhd

Hi,

We live in Illinois and a have a 31BHD. We usually camp local, within a couple hours of home and try to get out at least 2 or 3 weeends a month.

This year, our big trip will be in October driving from the Chicago area to Albuquerque for the hot air balloon festival. We have friends that fly their balloon there every year but this year we decided to drive and stay in the trailer instead of a hotel.

Any suggestions on what not to miss? or where to stay? Plan on taking 3 days to drive down and 3 to drive home....the southern route.

Thanks!

jbeletti

smurfette108,

Consider the IL rally in Springfield in August if you can make it. Link to more info.

Jim

Longshot1

Will pick up out North Trails 2RBs on Thursday. Right now we have 2 trips planned To the NRAWhittington Center in Raton NM. Been going there every ear for the last 23 years. I'm Cheif Rande Officer for the BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE RIFLE SILHOUETTE CHAMPIONSHIP, AND THE cOWBOY LEVER ACTION SHILOUEE
TTE CHAMPIONSHIP. Last year we did 25 days at Raton 5one time 20 the next and 10 dys in Yellowstone. May try to get up to Custer Battlefield on to be PC Little Big Horn Battlefield. Live in Denver.Left Mass. in 60 and never looked back. Marty, Rosemary and Peanut the guard Chihuahua

campntn

Well hello there Smurfette and Longshot! We want pix!!!
Glad you are on board with us North Trailers!

JER-1

Hopefully have the new one next week

Hope to take the new 280 BH toy hauler to Bristol TENN. March 12 thur the 17 th fot the busch and nascar races. Stay at Bill gaines campgrounds.
End of march about 5 days up at Stonewall Jackson WV. real nice place lake Bass fishing.
Then 4 or 5 local trips couple hours each way before taking off to Mrytle Beach State Park for 2 weeks right after july 5th thur the 19th .
Then locals up to Aug back to Bristol nascar races
Then september to martinsville Virginia nascar races.
Sept bass fishing somewhere 3 or 4 days
Gonna give this new trailer a good workout this spring summer and fall
Above doesn't include the bass fishing trips long weekends .
Anyone any of these places let me know maybe we can touch base conpare a few notes about are northtrails the good and hopefully nothing bad about are new northtrails.
JER-1 THE GIRLFREIND AND 2 DOGSNone

First time owner and first post

Hello Everyone! I just purchased our first travel trailer, a North Trail 31 RED. I am extremely excited to take it camping next month. I live in Washington and I think we will head out to the Oregon coast for our maiden voyage. I am pulling our beautiful TT with a '02 Yukon 5.3 V8 3.73 axel diff. with tow package, weight distribution hitch and dual cam sway bars.
I am new to the world of travel trailers and could use any and all advice out there.
It was wonderful to find this site and I am excited to hear about everyone's adventures.

jbeletti

Hi Erin,

Congrats on the new trailer. Consider debuting it to everyone at the upcoming Oregon rally. Details here.

Jim

redwing2

Finally brought the new 28BHS home on good friday. What a long winter, Plan is to leave on June 20 for Hill City SD. to see MT. Rushmore than down to Disney in Fla.

Christytra

We are from Griffin, GA. We have a 31 BHD. We haven't camped yet in 2009 because I've had to help our daughter with her business while she is on maternity leave. We are looking forward to starting our camping season this month. Our first plan for this year is to start the GA State Parks "Paddlers Club" by kayaking two of six state parks. Unfortunately, our first two parks are currently flooded and closed! Now I'll have to make other plans. We have several "weekend" trips but haven't decided where we're going yet. Our big trips for the year are: June- Sebastian Inlet State Park, FL; Aug- Tybee Island, GA; Oct- Oscar Scherer State Park, FL and Fort Summit KOA, FL (EPCOT wine festival). We prefer camping in state parks and are supporting members of GA State Parks. We've also enjoyed Florida and Virginia State Parks.

happycampernc

we live in ne north carolina and have a 2009 28 bhs. our first camping trip will be may 1-3 @ the richmond races then the memorial day weekend in va. beach and june 20 @ fort wilderness cg.

New North Trail Owner

I just got my first camper back in May.. It is the 2010 32BHDS. and man it it big. 35.5 is the longest tt i have seen.. I got a crash course on how to tow one .. lol but i love it...

cableman

24rl 5ver

Just purchased a north trail 24rl 5ver and did the shakedown trip 0n 8/8/09. Checked most everything very few problems to date. Will be using again on 8/22/09 for a weekender. After this we are planning a week or ten dayer to virginia beach and can't wait for that trip. None

kampfirekid

Well, I'm interested in all the 31BHD owners on this post. We have a 31BHD, too. We haven't had much use out of it this year as it has been in/out of the shop since we bought it, and it ultimately had to go back to the manufacturer for some repairs, but we anticipate it back this week sometime.

Last edited:

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
We are based in N.E. Atlanta burbs and have a NT 28RLS. Our travel will not be too extensive this year but our camping time will be very extensive.

I am newly employed and the DW is very busy at work so we have entered into a deal with Trackrock Campgrounds & Stables in Blairsville, GA., for an anual site for now. It is a beautiful less than two-hour drive from home into the mountains.

We have been spending most weekend there and since all I need is a cell phone tower and WiFi I have been working from there. (Now that the WiFi is REPAIRED!!!!)

http://www.trackrock.com/

cableman

We Live in Butler Pa. (Western Pa). Just got the 5ver beginning of august and used it only once. We will be out next weekend and will be traveling to virginia beach in sept. Can't wait. :D

Last edited:

NSNorthtrail

From Nova Scotia Canada.Got mine July of this year and have been going steady. Planning on going till the end of sept on the weekends. Having a great time. Upgraded from a pop up. Has taken the enjoyment element of camping up 100%.