Sleep Number Beds in Bighorn?

Re: Beds

Do they work well in the RV just trying to make sure that my husband is comfortable and after several back surgeries memory foam isn't the answer, so just trying to see how people like them in the RV

donr827

That bed would be great for your husband. Being able to adjust the firmness to fit his needs and if it has separate controls you can set the pressure to fit your liking............Don

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have sleep number king size for over eight years...has been in both Heartlands. When we got landmark we put the mattress from it into the Bighorn...best bed we ever had!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another Sleep Number user here. Not quite 8 years yet but still sleeping comfy. Ours is the Camping World RV King version. Last year we added a foam topper to our mattress. It went inside on top of the existing foam and fits nicely.

Gary521

My wife had back problems and they went away with the air mattress. That is the reason that we have them both at home and in the RV.

oldmannj

Even the inexpensive Camping world short queen mattress from sleep number is comfy. We added a memory foam topper and now sleep better in the camper than we do at home on $3,500 temper pedic.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We got a Camping World sleep number queen and have had it about 3 years. Love it!

This is great and tells me what I need to know there thanks everyone. One more question does the mattress fit better from Camping World or just from a Sleep Comfort Store.

oldmannj

This is great and tells me what I need to know there thanks everyone. One more question does the mattress fit better from Camping World or just from a Sleep Comfort Store.

I got mine from CW because 1. I needed a short queen and 2. it was a really good deal on sale. If your bed is full size you can probably do better price wise from someone else. Also, as with anything else there are different models to consider. CW is pretty much limited on their selection. If you have a sleep number store near you I'd say check it out to comparison shop. Good luck with your purchase. ED.

In answer to your question, there is no extra benefit to purchasing from CW, any mattress you choose will be the same, as long as you don't need a short queen.

danemayer

RV king size beds are a little narrower than a regular king. If you go to a Sleep Number store, make sure you're looking at the right size.

Thanks so much that is why I asked there is a Sleep number store really close and Camping world is like four hours away. You have all been so helpful thank you so much.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks so much that is why I asked there is a Sleep number store really close and Camping world is like four hours away. You have all been so helpful thank you so much.

We looked at the sleep number store. Two things to consider though. One they will not have anything Rv related as far as their beds go in the store and the Rv ones while similar to the home ones, are not exactly like what you see in the store. And two, they will not do any install like they would if you ordered for your home. They will basically ups/freight it to your door and you are responsible for set up and any mods for the pump. Only good thing about camping world is if you can get them to match price or at least get a good price on it they will install for $39 I believe. Just some thoughts to keep in mind.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We ordered ours online from Camping World, it is a mattress only. It comes in two very large boxes, and you must assemble the mattress. It takes some area to do this.

Then, one must figure where to put the pump where it can get power, and the air hoses can get to the mattress. We made some holes on our mattress base to have the pump in the underbed storage area. It wasn't very difficult, but took some disassembly of the mattress platform to figure it all out.

Also an operations issue you need to be aware of. The "sleep number" you like when sleeping will not work when you are not in bed. In other words, once your weight is off the mattress, it's very soft and slack. We change the number to higher to make the mattress firm again once we are out of bed. That way, when you later sit on the edge of the bed to get dressed or whatever, the mattress doesn't collapse. We have one cordless remote, which we share. Our remote does not have a "memory" so you have to remember what numbers to use for "in bed" and "out of bed". Some other models have remotes with memories, to save your settings.

SN store sells residential sets, or bases and mattresses, so their prices/options are probably more/higher overall.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When we bought ours from Camping World it was the same configuration as the Select Comfort 4000. I don't know how they may have changed their Model Numbers at this point. I do know that the RV king is 72" wide and 80" long. I'm not sure if you're needing the King or not. The RV queen in the BH is the same size as residential. 60 X 80. That would be available at the Select Comfort store.

Bobby A

I have been considering one of these mattresses for years but have never pulled the trigger on one. Hey Jim !! maybe you could get a sleep number shop at the rally in Goshen and maybe get us some discounts for rally attendees !!

After you gave me the size ( which helped I had wondered) I decided to do some research because it may help someone else. I am looking only at Kings because my husband is 6'4" and he has trouble with memory foam after 5 back surgeries. I called the lady where we are going to get our BigHorn and she said if we could run by and pick the bed up from the local store and bring it out they would install it for us while they are doing the other prep work (generator, washer, dryer, etc) at no extra charge. So this is what I found as far as size and just FYI camping world prices are not bad compared to the sleep store, CP does not offer as many varieties but the price are good.
Technical Specs Tech Specs Weight: 72 lbs.Dimensions: 84"L x 72"W x 10"D. Manufacturer: Select ComfortWholesale Corp Mfg Part #: RV300-6/0-WF - See more at: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/comfortaire-air-beds-california-king/75361#sthash.gqn1EOK2.dpuf
Tech Specs Weight: 72 lbs. Dimensions:80"L x 76"W x 10"D. Manufacturer: Select Comfort Wholesale CorpMfg Part #: RV300-6/6-WF - See more at: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/comfortaire-air-beds-eastern-king/75360#sthash.vO3MLble.dpuf
These are from the Sleep Number Site
SleepNumber[SUP]®[/SUP] beds are available in standard industrysizes, and will fit into traditional frames and furniture sets.

1.King (Eastern)/Split King 76" x 80"
2.California King 72" x 84"
3.Queen 60" x 80"
4.Full/Double 54" x 75"
5.Twin 38" x 75"
6.Twin Extra-Long 38" x 80"

Measurements are provided in inches.

1-4 feature dual adjustability
3-6 are available with a single chamber

:cool: getting all the answers you guys are awesome.