Fireplace Maintenance

geeksrus

I have a Dimplex Optiflame fireplace in my BH 3400RL. It has a noisy fan & I need to open the unit to service & also to clean the glass.

The manual says to 'remove the retaining clip' to remove the glass. But, as can be seen in the picture there is a wood trim cross piece that covers the retaining clip. This cross piece does not seem to be removable.

Has anyone run into the same problem & how did you rectify this?

Thanks EH!

Attachments

• P1010235-small.JPG
    P1010235-small.JPG
    383.9 KB · Views: 63

linuxkidd

On each side, there are 2 little wood buttons. You can pop them out using a sharp tipped knife ( heck, my fingers worked on mine )... Behind those wood plugs, you'll find square drive screws. This removes the wood trim and allows access to the retaining clip of the glass.

LK

geeksrus

On each side, there are 2 little wood buttons. You can pop them out using a sharp tipped knife ( heck, my fingers worked on mine )... Behind those wood plugs, you'll find square drive screws. This removes the wood trim and allows access to the retaining clip of the glass.

LK

Thanks for the input... never crossed my mind about this:eek:... I'll give it a try.

EH!

Jimmyt5

My fire place elements have started glowing bright red and the the breaker trips......I think it is the fan motor not working, anyone have any thoughts???/

Jim

linuxkidd

My fire place elements have started glowing bright red and the the breaker trips......I think it is the fan motor not working, anyone have any thoughts???/

Jim

Do you feel any airflow when the heating element is on? Aside from the expected heat rising flow...

If not, I'd say there's a good chance your fan is bad. I would expect that not cooling the coils would cause what you're experiencing..

Let us know how it works out!
LK

busted2341

I had the same problem with mine last year. When I looked at the plug I found the plug had burned. Wires were not tightened as they should have been and shorted. I posted that last January. Heartland/dealer was quick to fix problem for me. So if you haven't already, check the plug where the F/P is plugged in...

Jimmyt5

The electric is all OK.
The problem as I see it, there is no air blowing across the coils and they get bright red,which cause them to draw more current, then the fire place circuit breaker trips,not the RV's

I would be glad to fix it myself, take it to dealer,he says Oh it's broke, then you let your rig there or take it home till the heater assembly comes in,then back to dealer.

Jim

geeksrus

Do you feel any airflow when the heating element is on? Aside from the expected heat rising flow...

If not, I'd say there's a good chance your fan is bad. I would expect that not cooling the coils would cause what you're experiencing..

Let us know how it works out!
LK

Me again!

How do you get at the fan?
Mine is noisy when it first comes on. I couldn't figure how to get to it when we had the unit open for cleaning the other day.

EH!:confused: