Entry Door light ?

JerryBarger

I know this probably asked. I have a Landmark Augusta an the entry door light will not come on? I have a keyless entry and the battery need to be replaced and I will do that. Does that have anything with the entry light? When we open the door the light does not come on. All help would be appreciated Thanks

danemayer

The keyless entry is separate from the overhead "welcome back" light.

On your 2011 Landmark, the overhead light is probably a fluorescent fixture. The switch on the fixture has to be ON.

You also should have a rocker switch labeled "aisle" inside your control panel. For the "welcome back" feature to work, this switch must be OFF.

If you turn the "aisle" switch ON, the light should come on and stay on. If it doesn't come on, you probably have the lamp fixture switch OFF or there's a problem with the bulbs.

If the "aisle" switch is OFF, and the fixture switch is ON, and it doesn't work, you may have a problem with the switch inside the door threshold or with the wiring.

I've attached a preliminary wiring diagram that shows the system at rest, with the "aisle" switch ON, and with the "aisle" switch OFF and the Door Switch activated. I think the diagram is accurate, but it hasn't been verified.

Attachments

• Welcome Back Light Block Diagram.pdf
    58.9 KB · Views: 47

JerryBarger

I will replace bulbs I have turned switches on - off? I also have a ice make in the frige and it don't work any thoughts? I have replaced the switch out side and no ice?

I change bulbs from another light and works - some times the obvious hurts Thanks for the help

danemayer

I will replace bulbs I have turned switches on - off? I also have a ice make in the frige and it don't work any thoughts? I have replaced the switch out side and no ice?
Hi Jerry,

Do you have a Dometic RM1350 refrigerator? I'm not sure what outside switch you're talking about for the ice maker. Do you have a water dispenser and is it working? Does the light inside the refrigerator work? Is the icemaker plugged into the outlet behind the refrigerator (should be plugged into a duplex outlet along with the main power cord for the frig).

Did a dealer winterize the unit for you? Maybe the icemaker water feed line was shut off behind the UDC. If so the water dispenser wouldn't be working either.

9-larry

if light stops working first thing to check is wire connection they used to small of wire nuts on red and white wire connections pull them apart to check. they will look ok and move with other wires if you just shake to test them. I found out the hard way after I had ordered a new controller.