New Owner with many questions

Howdy Folks, I'm a new owner of a 4100 King. I love the trailer but have a real problem with the intallation of the electronics. It seems that whoever installed this stuff didn't really know much about what they were doing. I still haven't got the speakers in the garage or outside to work with the Radio/DVD player in the garage.
The surround sound would only work when playing a DVD untill I connected the antena. Now I can use the radio function. I still can't get the TV audio to play on the surroundsound.
The upper bed in the garage was another problem. There was no ladder and Heartland says they are not included anymore. How is one expected to get into a bed that is 5' high with no ladder. I bought a ladder from a local RV store. When I tried to use it, the trim on the outside of the bed tried to pull off. I corrected this by placing a piece of Angle Aluminum behind the trim to support the ladder. I will be doing the same to the bunk beds also because there is nothing to hold on to while climbing except for thr trim. The ladder hurts your feet so bad that you want to grab the first thing you can find, which is the trim. It will not support anyone trying to climb into the bunks.
I have been lurking here a few weeks and see that there is a lot of good advice shared here and I have taken advantage of some already.
If anyone has any advice about the Radio/DVD in the garage I would appreciate it.
Thanks for the help.
HarleyCowboy

jimtoo

Hi HarleyCowboy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some help about the radio and speakers soon from our other members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I am moving this thread to a better area.

danemayer

Hi HarleyCowboy,

I still can't get the TV audio to play on the surroundsound.
As far as I know, Heartland does not connect the TV audio output to the surround sound on any trailer. Typically you have to look at your equipment, determine what audio outputs and inputs are available, select the right cable, and hook it up yourself.

We do have an owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide that will help you figure out what you need.

Dloebrich

Yes that ladder for the bunk bed is tough . We have not found a solution for that yet. As for the garage bed I bought a 5 foot aluminum folding step ladder which works pretty well. We keep it bunged to the side wall when not in use.

Howdy Folks, I'm a new owner of a 4100 King. I love the trailer but have a real problem with the intallation of the electronics. It seems that whoever installed this stuff didn't really know much about what they were doing. I still haven't got the speakers in the garage or outside to work with the Radio/DVD player in the garage.
The surround sound would only work when playing a DVD untill I connected the antena. Now I can use the radio function. I still can't get the TV audio to play on the surroundsound.
The upper bed in the garage was another problem. There was no ladder and Heartland says they are not included anymore. How is one expected to get into a bed that is 5' high with no ladder. I bought a ladder from a local RV store. When I tried to use it, the trim on the outside of the bed tried to pull off. I corrected this by placing a piece of Angle Aluminum behind the trim to support the ladder. I will be doing the same to the bunk beds also because there is nothing to hold on to while climbing except for thr trim. The ladder hurts your feet so bad that you want to grab the first thing you can find, which is the trim. It will not support anyone trying to climb into the bunks.
I have been lurking here a few weeks and see that there is a lot of good advice shared here and I have taken advantage of some already.
If anyone has any advice about the Radio/DVD in the garage I would appreciate it.
Thanks for the help.
HarleyCowboy

pcardoza

The surround sound system is a complete JOKE. It will only work when playing DVD's, or as you discovered, as a radio with the antenna connected. To give you an idea, the exact system, with all 5 speakers and the receiver, is available on AMAZON for $95. Complete junk. Unfortunately, there's no wiring to connect FROM the TV TO the receiver, so even upgrading is impossible! Unless someone makes a wireless setup for doing it.

Also --- Has anyone with the 4100 King installed a satellite system? Where the heck did you place the receiver for the LR TV????

The garage audio is adjusted from inside to outside using the FADE control. Front = inside Rear = outside.

No garage bed ladder. Luckily we already had a step-stool that works fine for the task.

danemayer

Hi pcardoza,

Unfortunately, there's no wiring to connect FROM the TV TO the receiver, so even upgrading is impossible!
Have you tried the link in post #3? Maybe you'll find it is possible.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Not sure how they do the new ones but my 07 was hooked up all I have to do is put it on Auxiliary and my CD,Radio or tv plays In surround sound . I have never had any problems with it.

danemayer

Sony DAVTZ140

No INPUTS on the back of the receiver - Just the output to the TV for DVD playback. Now shows as discontinued by the manufacturer, so I'm guessing Heartland got a wonderful deal on them. $99 for the entire setup right now on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DAVTZ140...3452&sr=1-5&keywords=sony+home+theater+system

P.O.S.!
Attaching a screencap from the DAVTZ140 manual that shows audio input connectors. Not sure why you're having difficulty locating these connectors.

Sony DAVTZ140 Back Panel audio inputs.jpg