PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Santo - 3/27/2015 to 3/29/2015

nander
08-11-2014, 11:08 AM
13429 South Highway 281, Santo, TX 76472

Venue:
------------------------------

Coffee Creek Rv Resort
13429 South Highway 281
Santo, TX 76472
940-769-2277
http://coffeecreekrvresort.com/index.html
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $30 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 3/28/2015
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Event Leader: nander(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=14965)

Additional Info:
20 Sites have been reserved for this Rally. Please contact Coffee Creek for a reservation and post or PM me with your dates. Be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Owners Rally.

Coffee Creek is located in the rolling wooded hills of Palo Pinto County 14 miles south of Mineral Wells. You will find everything you would expect from a premier RV Resort. Every site has full hookups including 30 or 50 amp, free Wi-Fi and level sites with patios. Designed to accommodate any size rig, the pull through sites are 92 feet long! Throughout the resort are wide lighted paved roads and easy access to all sites in the resort. The resort has the best restrooms you will find at an RV park. Coffee Creek has a playground for kids, a large fenced dog run and two catch and release fishing ponds. No need for a fishing license! Come and enjoy the game room, pool and hot tub while enjoying the serene country setting.

Coffee Creek is ideally located just 1/2 mile north of Interstate 20 at Exit 386. While you are here explore all there is to see and do in the Northern Texas Hill Country. Not far from the resort are the towns of Mineral Wells, Granbury, Weatherford, Fort Worth and Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys. Coffee Creek is Good Sam Rated at 10/9.5/9.5.

Terry H
08-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Carol and I will be there! We will arrive on March 25th and will depart on March 30th. We can not wait for another great rally at Santo!

Reservations made.

jassson007
08-11-2014, 11:56 AM
We might try to make it up there. We will see how schedule looks after our rally.

TravelTiger
08-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Since we're about an hour west of there now, I bet we'll try to make it. Will have to check with DH to see for sure.

pegmikef
08-11-2014, 04:10 PM
You bet, we'll be there . . . I'll figure out the dates later. Mike and Peggy

Sunset4k
08-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Diane and I will be there!!! We had a great time this year! !

nander
08-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Great!! I'll put everyone down. Let me know the dates later when you make a reservation.

jayc
08-11-2014, 08:18 PM
We'll be there!

happykraut
08-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Judi and I will be there. Looking forward to it.

nander
08-22-2014, 08:51 AM
I've got you down, Jay & Stella and Bernie & Judi. We look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dlw930
11-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Ok, we're officially hooked!! See you in Santo! Probably come in Thursday and leave Sunday.

nander
11-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Ok, we're officially hooked!! See you in Santo! Probably come in Thursday and leave Sunday.

Awesome, David & Donna! We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

jgallego
11-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Dave & Nancy,

We are going to take you up on your invitation to attend. Rosie, Lucy and I plan on attending.

We will come in on Wednesday and leave on Sunday.

Thank,

Jaime

nander
11-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Dave & Nancy,

We are going to take you up on your invitation to attend. Rosie, Lucy and I plan on attending.

We will come in on Wednesday and leave on Sunday.

Thank,

Jaime

Awesome, Jaime! We look forward to seeing you and family!

Paul & Nan
11-29-2014, 11:02 PM
We are planning on it for sure. See ya'll.

nander
11-30-2014, 09:40 AM
We are planning on it for sure. See ya'll.

Got you down, Nan & Paul! Be sure to call for a reservation please.

dlw930
12-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Nancy, so you'll know, I just made reservations at Coffee Creek for Thursday, 3/27 thru Sat. 3/29 (leaving Sunday).

David

happykraut
12-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Nancy, just wanted to let you know that we have made reservations with the CG. In on 3/23 and out on 3/30. Looking forward to seeing every body.

nander
12-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Nancy, just wanted to let you know that we have made reservations with the CG. In on 3/23 and out on 3/30. Looking forward to seeing every body.

Got you down , Bernie. We look forward to seeing you!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
12-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Nancy, so you'll know, I just made reservations at Coffee Creek for Thursday, 3/27 thru Sat. 3/29 (leaving Sunday).

David

Thanks, David and Donna!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
12-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Will it hurt your attendance if the "Lil Guy" shows up? Keep in mind that Debbie and I both have to come with it.

nander
12-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Will it hurt your attendance if the "Lil Guy" shows up? Keep in mind that Debbie and I both have to come with it.

You both better come! Lucky for you the sites are pull thru. :-) and we'll have donuts! LOL.

I've got you down and look forward to seeing you both again! Oh, you be the rally photographer. :-)

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
12-10-2014, 09:06 AM
I'll get DW to make reservations. Is there a need to bring my golf clubs? I don't play golf, just wanted to haul my clubs with me.

cookie
12-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Did I hear Donuts???

Peace
Dave

nander
12-10-2014, 10:03 AM
I'll get DW to make reservations. Is there a need to bring my golf clubs? I don't play golf, just wanted to haul my clubs with me.

Yes, bring the clubs. Dave is always up for a game and there is a course nearby.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
12-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Did I hear Donuts???

Peace
Dave

You'll have to come to the rally and find out! :-)

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

happykraut
12-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Did I hear Donuts???

Peace
DaveDave you heard it right.You better sign on the dotted line.

nander
12-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Now is the time to be planning your 2015 rallies. Please plan to attend the NTX Chapter Rally in Santo, TX, March 27-29, 2015.
Post #1 has all the info.
We hope to see you there!!

jassson007
12-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Now is the time to be planning your 2015 rallies. Please plan to attend the NTX Chapter Rally in Santo, TX, March 27-29, 2015.
Post #1 has all the info.
We hope to see you there!!

And if you can make it come on down to SWLA before hand for the Louisiana rally and then caravan up to santo from there. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'
12-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Didn't get site number yet but made reservations. We'll be there on the 26th thru 29th. I did make sure that these were going to be pull thru sites. We just put our unit back in storage. What a sight backing it into the stall. Hopefully Debbbie and I will be talking again by the time of the rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
BTW; Not trying to look different and fit in even though we have the smallest rig at these events, we noticed everyone was flying flags. Well, the Bakers now have a flagpole. It's the short one. The long pole made the rig look smaller. We also noticed most people had name plaques outside their rigs. Well, to fit in and not stand out, we now have a name tag depicting the Bakers and the 'Lil Guy'. To make our rig look larger and take up more space, I ordered it on a ceder plank that is 4' by 10' long. This will help take up more space in our pull thru site and create an illusion of a bigger rig. I'm still trying to come up with a stand that can support it. And you think you hate us now.......

nander
12-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Didn't get site number yet but made reservations. We'll be there on the 26th thru 29th. I did make sure that these were going to be pull thru sites. We just put our unit back in storage. What a sight backing it into the stall. Hopefully Debbbie and I will be talking again by the time of the rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
BTW; Not trying to look different and fit in even though we have the smallest rig at these events, we noticed everyone was flying flags. Well, the Bakers now have a flagpole. It's the short one. The long pole made the rig look smaller. We also noticed most people had name plaques outside their rigs. Well, to fit in and not stand out, we now have a name tag depicting the Bakers and the 'Lil Guy'. To make our rig look larger and take up more space, I ordered it on a ceder plank that is 4' by 10' long. This will help take up more space in our pull thru site and create an illusion of a bigger rig. I'm still trying to come up with a stand that can support it. And you think you hate us now.......

LOL! Can't wait to see that cedar plank and how you stand it up!!

You did such a great job taking pictures in LA, I hope you can take some for our rally! See you soon!

jimtoo
12-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Sounds like this rally could get very exciting :) this year.

Jim M

jassson007
12-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Dang Frank I hope you bring the little guy with the little flag and huge name plate to louisiana. Lol

'Lil Guy'
12-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Andy, am I going to get another Donut delivered to the dump station? I didn't know whether to feel special or insulted. That name plate and stand is putting me way over on my TV payload. Don't know if it can handle that stretch of I 10 that beats the SH...out of everything. Last time I was on that stretch of I 10, the 'Lil Guy' was airborne half the time and my spare tire cover fell off and all of the beers in my cooler exploded. But yea, we'll try to make it.

jassson007
12-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Andy, am I going to get another Donut delivered to the dump station? I didn't know whether to feel special or insulted. That name plate and stand is putting me way over on my TV payload. Don't know if it can handle that stretch of I 10 that beats the SH...out of everything. Last time I was on that stretch of I 10, the 'Lil Guy' was airborne half the time and my spare tire cover fell off and all of the beers in my cooler exploded. But yea, we'll try to make it.

These are full hookup sites. Besides if jo had done her job you would have still been in your site. Lol. I hope yall can make it cause we need some entertainment for sure. Lol

jo9463
12-31-2014, 11:54 PM
These are full hookup sites. Besides if jo had done her job you would have still been in your site. Lol. I hope yall can make it cause we need some entertainment for sure. Lol

Excuse me?? If you had done your job and gotten the donuts to begin with, I wouldn't have needed to "hold them" in their spot.

'Lil Guy'
01-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Sounds like this rally could get very exciting :) this year.

Jim M
It certainly does. The North Texas Chapter seems to bring the best out in everyone. I can't wait for the happening to happen.lol

Joanna, you went above and beyond on holding us up and I thought you were there because you liked us.
I just love stirring these things up. Looking forward to round 2 at the Rally.

Where is Dave from Wyoming with his score cards.lol

jo9463
01-01-2015, 07:53 PM
It certainly does. The North Texas Chapter seems to bring the best out in everyone. I can't wait for the happening to happen.lol

Joanna, you went above and beyond on holding us up and I thought you were there because you liked us.
I just love stirring these things up. Looking forward to round 2 at the Rally.

Where is Dave from Wyoming with his score cards.lol

I really do like you. I really enjoyed our conversation while I holding you up. Lol

'Lil Guy'
01-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Certainly you both know that this Donut business is in jest. We had a great time at your rally and enjoyed visiting with your one on one. Hope to see you both in Santos and we're going to try to make yours also. I kid alot but not about my new cedar plank name plaque. It's huge. I'm surprised more people haven't signed up for the North Texas Rally just to see this thing. It could be the 8th wonder of the world. With the little flag, it creates the illusion of a 50' rig. I'll have an open bar Friday night just for people that want to get their picture taken in front of it. After a few cocktails, the name plaque seems to get even bigger. I'll probably have to just lean it against the rear bumper of my truck since I haven't been able to fabricate a stand for it. After word gets out that this thing is for real, people will be paying my way to attend their rallys just to have it on site. It really is a marvel to behold. Maybe Andy can help Debbie and I set it up.
See you both at the rally. Later and have a great day.

jo9463
01-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Of course we know the donuts were in jest. I love the entertainment you provide!

pegmikef
01-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Nancy, I made my reservation, arriving Wed, 25 Mar and departing Tue, 31 Mar. What's the deal with the donuts? See you in Kinder. Mike

nander
01-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Nancy, I made my reservation, arriving Wed, 25 Mar and departing Tue, 31 Mar. What's the deal with the donuts? See you in Kinder. Mike

Great, Mike! I've got you down.

You had to be at the LA rally to really get the gist of the donuts. Needless to say, Frank did finally get some donuts. [emoji12]

See you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
01-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Here it is. All 156 lbs of it.33831

nander
01-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Here it is. All 156 lbs of it.33831

Love it!!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

happykraut
01-03-2015, 10:26 AM
I like it.

pegmikef
01-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Very nice!

TomMar
01-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Guess what?? We are finally going to make it. Please sign Marti and me up. We'll call Coffee Creek and make reservations arrival 25th departure 30th.:);)

nander
01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Guess what?? We are finally going to make it. Please sign Marti and me up. We'll call Coffee Creek and make reservations arrival 25th departure 30th.:);)

Awesome! We look forward to seeing you. Hmmm....you'll both be retired with plenty of time on your hands! :D

TomMar
01-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Yep, retired.... lots of time on our hand I don't know. We have lots to do at our place in the hill country. The nice thing is there are no deadlines.;)

jassson007
01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Yep, retired.... lots of time on our hand I don't know. We have lots to do at our place in the hill country. The nice thing is there are no deadlines.;)

So with you being retired now what are the odds of yall making it over to Louisiana to start the rally season off?? Lol j/k

TomMar
01-04-2015, 09:31 PM
So with you being retired now what are the odds of yall making it over to Louisiana to start the rally season off?? Lol j/k

I am not retired yet. I have 55 days left and the Louisiana rally will be on the list. We have been living in the rig since August and plan on a few weeks in a place with more than 450 sq ft before venturing out. After Santos we have one in Boerne and then we are planning on the National in June. For Louisiana my mouth is already tasting good seafood.:)

jassson007
01-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I am not retired yet. I have 55 days left and the Louisiana rally will be on the list. We have been living in the rig since August and plan on a few weeks in a place with more than 450 sq ft before venturing out. After Santos we have one in Boerne and then we are planning on the National in June. For Louisiana my mouth is already tasting good seafood.:)

I got ya Just wanted to give you a hard time that's all. Hope you can make it if not that's cool too. We might try to make yours but not sure yet. Will let Ya know.

'Lil Guy'
01-04-2015, 10:21 PM
55 Days? That is great. I have till the end of this year and am really looking forward to becoming one of those any timers. Congrats on nearing that milestone.

dbbls59
01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Hi Nancy. Just made reservations for the rally. Will be there on the 26th and depart on the 29th.

nander
01-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Hi Nancy. Just made reservations for the rally. Will be there on the 26th and depart on the 29th.

Got you down, Don & Joyce! It will be great seeing you again!

Paul & Nan
01-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Our reservations are set, arriving the 25th and leaving the 30th.

dlw930
01-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Hey, I just found this thread on Tapatalk! Now that I know how to get on there's no stopping me! Looking forward to Santo and warmer.

David

nander
01-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey, I just found this thread on Tapatalk! Now that I know how to get on there's no stopping me! Looking forward to Santo and warmer.

David

I've got you down. Glad you found the thread! We look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
01-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Our reservations are set, arriving the 25th and leaving the 30th.

Got you down. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

rxbristol
01-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Rex and Karen will be there. Arrive on the 26th.

nander
01-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Rex and Karen will be there. Arrive on the 26th.

Great! We look forward to seeing you!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Chippendale
01-24-2015, 12:21 PM
I am going to be at Lake Whitney the week before, and thought if you still have any vacancies, maybe I could drive over and meet you guys. Would get there on the 26th and leave on the 29th.

George Speir

nander
01-24-2015, 01:04 PM
I am going to be at Lake Whitney the week before, and thought if you still have any vacancies, maybe I could drive over and meet you guys. Would get there on the 26th and leave on the 29th.

George Speir

We would love to have you. Please call and make a reservation.
We look forward to meeting you!

Chippendale
01-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Called in my reservation, will arrive on the 23rd and leave on the 29th. Looking forward to it.

dfowler
02-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Dan and Pam Fowler will be at the Rally on Thursday, leaving on Sunday.

nander
02-04-2015, 02:20 PM
I've got you down Dan & Pam, & George! See you soon!

TravelTiger
02-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Ok, we have made our reservations! Arriving the 26th, leaving the 29th. We can't wait!

nander
02-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Ok, we have made our reservations! Arriving the 26th, leaving the 29th. We can't wait!

Awesome! By 'we' I assume you mean both of you! :D

TravelTiger
02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Awesome! By 'we' I assume you mean both of you! :D

Yes, Nancy, we're going to "pull up stakes" and bring the ElkRidge. First time it's moved since becoming the "home" in Eastland County, in July. Tony will actually take a day off. ;)

Paul & Nan
02-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Will be good to see you guys as well. So ready to go somewhere.

LBallard
02-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Add Lin and Debbie Ballard. Arrive 3/25 and depart 3/29. Look forward to seeing all. Tell Dave to bring his golf clubs.

nander
02-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Add Lin and Debbie Ballard. Arrive 3/25 and depart 3/29. Look forward to seeing all. Tell Dave to bring his golf clubs.

You are added and Dave always has his clubs! [emoji3]. See you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Heathcote4
02-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Hi Nancy,

Is there still room for the Heathcote's?

We reserved with Coffee Creek coming in on Friday leaving on Sunday.

Look forward to seeing everybody.

nander
02-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi Nancy,

Is there still room for the Heathcote's?

We reserved with Coffee Creek coming in on Friday leaving on Sunday.

Look forward to seeing everybody.

Yes, Josh! We look forward to seeing you and the girls again!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Donna1098
02-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Does the Santo Rally begin the 26th or 27th? I've seen both dates posted.
Thanks!

jimtoo
02-18-2015, 11:16 AM
HI Donna1098,

Rally is listed as starting on the 27th, but a lot of folks always come in a day or two early. It's just fun to be around other Heartlanders and visit. Maybe explore the area for a day on your own.....OR,,, if your a newbie to parking..get there early so no one will be videoing your parking and spreading it around.... :) OR ,, if your not a newbie,, you may want to watch others goof off while parking... :)

Jim M

rxbristol
02-24-2015, 10:36 PM
Regretfully, Karen and I will not be able to attend as originally planned.

nander
02-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Regretfully, Karen and I will not be able to attend as originally planned.

Sorry to hear you can't come. Maybe next time!

Possum51
02-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Pat and I will be coming to your rally. Already got the reservation. We will be in on Tuesday and leave on Sunday. I thought I had sent an email to you before but I guess I forgot it! See you then!

TravelTiger
02-26-2015, 12:54 AM
Pat and I will be coming to your rally. Already got the reservation. We will be in on Tuesday and leave on Sunday. I thought I had sent an email to you before but I guess I forgot it! See you then!

Cool! Bring your cards so I can have a sample! ;)

nander
02-26-2015, 02:13 PM

Great Pat & Elaine! We look forward to seeing you!

nander
02-26-2015, 02:29 PM
There's still room for you at the Santo Rally. If you haven't made your reservation, please do so soon.

We will have a potluck on Saturday evening at 6:00pm. ExploreUSA in Fort Worth is providing BBQ from Natty Flats. Yummy!

See you soon!

wrgrs50s
02-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Hi Nancy, just made our reservations, and Janie and I will be arriving on the 26th and leaving on the 29th. Please add us to the list.
We're looking forward to it !

nander
02-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Hi Nancy, just made our reservations, and Janie and I will be arriving on the 26th and leaving on the 29th. Please add us to the list.
We're looking forward to it !

That's great, Walter! I hope your Dad is doing better! See you soon!

Possum51
03-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Sure will, Erika! Happy I get meet you!

Elaine

TravelTiger
03-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Nancy,

Due to unforeseen work requirements, we have to change our arrival date from Thursday to Friday. I will call the park and make the change. Hopefully, we can come in before noon and go to lunch with some folks.

nander
03-18-2015, 07:08 AM
Nancy,

Due to unforeseen work requirements, we have to change our arrival date from Thursday to Friday. I will call the park and make the change. Hopefully, we can come in before noon and go to lunch with some folks.

Thanks, Erika.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
03-23-2015, 04:56 PM
I have posted the agenda here and in the first thread.

Anyone interested in golf, please let me know. Dave is setting a tee time Thursday and/or Friday.

We will have breakfast Saturday morning. Please let me know if you can cook and/or provide an electric griddle.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Paul & Nan
03-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Nancy, we have electric girddle, fry pans, invection thingy, most anything you need. See ya Wed. Nancy

nander
03-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Nancy, we have electric girddle, fry pans, invection thingy, most anything you need. See ya Wed. Nancy

Great, Nan! Thanks! See you Wed.

'Lil Guy'
03-24-2015, 03:57 AM
If Dave gets a tee time for Friday, I'd like to play. Will be getting in late Thursday. I have the Road Trip LXE with the full size griddle if you need some help frying bacon or whatever. As of now we're about 99% sure we can make it. Looking for dog sitters now. Looking forward to seeing some friends and meeting some new ones. Bernie, the bar will be open at the 'Lil Guy' Thursday evening. Gotta see my Yankee buddy before he heads north and crosses the Masie Dixie Line.lol Take it easy on the 'LG'. You gave him a complex in La. I'll take down the name plaque so you can see the little 5er this time.
Later and have a great day.

nander
03-24-2015, 07:17 AM
If Dave gets a tee time for Friday, I'd like to play. Will be getting in late Thursday. I have the Road Trip LXE with the full size griddle if you need some help frying bacon or whatever. As of now we're about 99% sure we can make it. Looking for dog sitters now. Looking forward to seeing some friends and meeting some new ones. Bernie, the bar will be open at the 'Lil Guy' Thursday evening. Gotta see my Yankee buddy before he heads north and crosses the Masie Dixie Line.lol Take it easy on the 'LG'. You gave him a complex in La. I'll take down the name plaque so you can see the little 5er this time.
Later and have a great day.

Thanks, Frank! We will need some help cooking/frying.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
03-25-2015, 04:13 AM
Got the dog sitter lined up so we are 100% now. Nancy, tell me a little about this breakfast. Is it potluck? Will there be biscuits and gravy? Can't let that La. bunch outdo the N Texas Chapter. If you would like, I'll do the thick bacon if you tell me how many people you're feeding. Maybe 9 or 10 lbs? More? Dave isn't going to be there so I guess I'll have to do my own potatoes.
We made reservations way back when. Did you tell the park to put me out in right field like the La. chapter did because the 'Lil Guy' wasn't as big and nice as everybody else? Will I be in shouting distance of the group of big 5ers this time.
Seriously, what is the format for the breakfast? At a site or at the Lodge?
Thanks in advance and have a great day.

happykraut
03-25-2015, 06:31 AM
Take it easy on the 'LG'. You gave him a complex in La. I'll take down the name plaque so you can see the little 5er this time.
Later and have a great day.Looking forward to seeing the LG. This time I'll look a little harder.

'Lil Guy'
03-25-2015, 07:13 AM
People come from all over to get a look at the 'Lil Guy' and leave disappointed because they couldn't find it.lol
Just look behind this sign.

nander
03-25-2015, 07:55 AM
Got the dog sitter lined up so we are 100% now. Nancy, tell me a little about this breakfast. Is it potluck? Will there be biscuits and gravy? Can't let that La. bunch outdo the N Texas Chapter. If you would like, I'll do the thick bacon if you tell me how many people you're feeding. Maybe 9 or 10 lbs? More? Dave isn't going to be there so I guess I'll have to do my own potatoes.
We made reservations way back when. Did you tell the park to put me out in right field like the La. chapter did because the 'Lil Guy' wasn't as big and nice as everybody else? Will I be in shouting distance of the group of big 5ers this time.
Seriously, what is the format for the breakfast? At a site or at the Lodge?
Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Frank, we are providing the breakfast...sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, coffee, juice. If you want to cook potatoes, that would be great. I got some bacon at Costco. Not as good as yours though! We have about 50 people signed up for the rally. We will use the rally room.

The potluck will be that evening. Exploreusa is providing the meat for the potluck. Bring a side, salad or dessert.

Dave has a tee time Friday at 8:50am.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
03-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks Nancy. Bacon is pig fat. It's all good. You're definitely going to need some help cooking for that group. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone again. Got a couple of more questions but I'll talk to you at the rally. Have a great day.

TravelTiger
03-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Boy, I tell ya, I'm in Terrell working, but chomping at the bit to join Tony in Eastland County and head that way Friday AM! So need some time with my Heartland peeps!

Are we going to do any rig touring? I know with all the hype, I need to see the 'Lil Guy', just to see how 'lil' it is. Still, a sista' ElkRidge, so I am not bashing!

'Lil Guy'
03-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Boy, I tell ya, I'm in Terrell working, but chomping at the bit to join Tony in Eastland County and head that way Friday AM! So need some time with my Heartland peeps!

Are we going to do any rig touring? I know with all the hype, I need to see the 'Lil Guy', just to see how 'lil' it is. Still, a sista' ElkRidge, so I am not bashing!
Erika, the 'Lil Guy' will fit under one of your slides. If you don't believe me, ask Bernie.

TravelTiger
03-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Erika, the 'Lil Guy' will fit under one of your slides. If you don't believe me, ask Bernie.

I don't know, Bernie's been known to exaggerate. Says he has a bottle of Fireball bigger than him, too.

happykraut
03-25-2015, 05:19 PM
I know with all the hype, I need to see the 'Lil Guy', just to see how 'lil' it is. Look real hard or you might miss it.

pegmikef
03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Look real hard or you might miss it.Y

Yeah, I walked by it twice before I saw it. I had to get Frank to put out his sign so we would have a marker and not accidently trip over the 'Lil Guy'

nander
03-25-2015, 08:52 PM

Erika, no formal plan for rig tours, but I bet we can put it on the agenda. [emoji2]
I still want to inside the Lil Guy, aka Frank!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
03-26-2015, 02:31 AM
When we pull into our site there is enough room left for our truck and a full size tennis court. They only charge us 1/2 price for the site.
I'm not going to count on Bernie to bring the Fireball so I'm going to get my own.
Your welcome to look at the 'Lil Guy' but don't heckle and give him a complex. Really, you've seen one you've seen them all. Just whack about 15' off of one of our rigs and drop the top about 2 feet so you have to bend over to walk thru it and there you have it. Anyway, the 'Lil Guy' will be in demand for HL rallys in the future. People will be lining up to get a glimpse of him. Just look hard. He'll be somewhere behind the name plaque.

HornedToad
03-26-2015, 05:39 AM
I drove by Coffee Creek yesterday afternoon, I should have stopped in to say Hi and check out the Lil' Guy... I did stop at the Smokestack for a chicken fried steak!!!

happykraut
03-26-2015, 06:50 AM
Frank I've got the Fireball already. My rig refuses to pull out of the driveway without it.

TravelTiger
03-26-2015, 05:52 PM
As I was driving from East Texas to the western edge of West Texas on I-20, just west of the Santo exit going east I saw a Gateway pulled by a dark colored truck. Was that a rally attendee? Hope to meet you Friday!

TravelTiger
03-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Erika, no formal plan for rig tours, but I bet we can put it on the agenda. [emoji2]
I still want to inside the Lil Guy, aka Frank!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Ok, maybe we just do a "lil guy stuffing contest", to see how many Heartlanders can we fit in it?

jbeletti
03-26-2015, 07:46 PM
I don't know, Bernie's been known to exaggerate. Says he has a bottle of Fireball bigger than him, too.

He actually does have a Fireball bottle that tall. Goshen 2013! Maybe he'll bring it for Goshen 2015 and reprise his 2013 role with it :)

happykraut
03-26-2015, 09:19 PM
https://www.heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TravelTiger https://www.heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=413009#post413009)
I don't know, Bernie's been known to exaggerate.https://www.heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png
I don't think so.

nander
03-27-2015, 08:35 AM
As I was driving from East Texas to the western edge of West Texas on I-20, just west of the Santo exit going east I saw a Gateway pulled by a dark colored truck. Was that a rally attendee? Hope to meet you Friday!

Erika, that may have been Don & Robin Pearson. They are from Michigan, minniesota, somehwere??? but they are here!

TravelTiger
03-27-2015, 12:21 PM
We are on our way, but packing up took longer than expected. Stopped for lunch, and then running to blue beacon. See yall in a few hours.

nander
03-27-2015, 12:42 PM
We are on our way, but packing up took longer than expected. Stopped for lunch, and then running to blue beacon. See yall in a few hours.

Be careful at Blue Beacon. Ed Potts had a window shattered there the other day.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

whp4262
03-27-2015, 09:32 PM
We made it. Space 32.

TravelTiger
03-27-2015, 09:41 PM
We made it. Space 32.

Welcome! There's probably folks still playing dominoes in the clubhouse!

Evanscyclone
03-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Still trying to figure out this profile setup and forum thing.. But glad we ended up here with y'all! - Hallie & Jay

jimtoo
03-27-2015, 10:51 PM
Still trying to figure out this profile setup and forum thing.. But glad we ended up here with y'all! - Hallie & Jay

Hi Hallie and Jay,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

While at the rally just ask for a little help and I'm sure someone will help you get use to the forum.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

TravelTiger
03-28-2015, 08:12 AM

Welcome!

Nice of y'all to join us at the Rally, this is a great group of folks.

happykraut
03-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Jay & Hallie, welcome to the Heartland family. If you have any kind of a problem or question about anything we are here to help. Just ask. Bernie.

nander
03-28-2015, 03:55 PM

Glad you are joining us! Be sure to be at the rally room at 5:45pm for the group picture.

simsfmly
03-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Sorry Connie and I weren't able to get up there this spring. Sure you had a good time in Santo.

I know I missed getting my butt kicked in golf, but I can have that done just about anywhere.

Hope we can catch everyone again in the fall.

nander
03-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Sorry Connie and I weren't able to get up there this spring. Sure you had a good time in Santo.

I know I missed getting my butt kicked in golf, but I can have that done just about anywhere.

Hope we can catch everyone again in the fall.

We missed you Bob & Connie! Dave said golf was good.

We hope you can come in the fall!

See you on the road somewhere.

pegmikef
03-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Dave and Nancy. Thanks for a great rally. We had a great time seeing a lot of old friends and making new ones. The food was great and we really liked the breakfast! Nice idea. I am sorry we missed the games, but frankly I forgot all about it and was probably busy trying to ward off our uninvited and unwanted guests (the little black ones). Thanks again. I know it is a lot of work and we appreciate it.

'Lil Guy'
03-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Congrats to Dave and Nance for putting on another excellent rally. Great people, great turnout and great weather. Friday evening meet and greet over ice cream followed by a great breakfast Saturday morning and great Bar B Que Saturday evening. Thanks Dave for the Butt whipping at golf Saturday. I really enjoyed getting back out on the course. A special shout out to my man Bernie for finding the problem with my stove vent fan. Thanks to Pat for showing me how to turn on my landing light. (just throw the switch.lol) Debbie and I really enjoyed meeting some old friends and making some new ones. Hope to see everyone again down the road. I took some pics and went through them and selected the ones I know everyone wants to see. Here they are. Enjoy.

'Lil Guy'
03-29-2015, 06:28 PM
I guess I should add one more. Don't laugh. It was hard to crop this pic to take out the driveway and then remove all of the heads and put new ones on to make it presentable. Here is the best I could do.

danemayer
03-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Great turnout. Sorry we had to miss this one.

'Lil Guy'
03-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Meet and greet pics. Don't know how that last pic jumped in there.
Ice cream and Fiireball. No where but Texas. Thanks Bernie and look forward to seeing you down the road.

'Lil Guy'
03-29-2015, 06:48 PM
A few from the breakfast.

'Lil Guy'
03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Now dinner. Whoops, where did that last pic come from?

cookie
03-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Looks like we should have headed west instead of east.
Looks like a great rally.
Nice pics Frank.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'
03-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Wish you could have been there with us. You and Bernie could have had my rig in top shape. lol Hope to see you down the road.
And yes, it was a great rally. Looking forward to their rally in Bullard. Take care and have safe travels.

nander
03-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Great turnout. Sorry we had to miss this one.

We are sorry,too, Dan! We missed you both!

nander
03-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Congrats to Dave and Nance for putting on another excellent rally. Great people, great turnout and great weather. Friday evening meet and greet over ice cream followed by a great breakfast Saturday morning and great Bar B Que Saturday evening. Thanks Dave for the Butt whipping at golf Saturday. I really enjoyed getting back out on the course. A special shout out to my man Bernie for finding the problem with my stove vent fan. Thanks to Pat for showing me how to turn on my landing light. (just throw the switch.lol) Debbie and I really enjoyed meeting some old friends and making some new ones. Hope to see everyone again down the road. I took some pics and went through them and selected the ones I know everyone wants to see. Here they are. Enjoy.

Love the pics!! Thanks, Frank!

jimtoo
03-30-2015, 12:11 AM
I guess I should add one more. Don't laugh. It was hard to crop this pic to take out the driveway and then remove all of the heads and put new ones on to make it presentable. Here is the best I could do.

Whow... that would have been a great picture,, but somehow in your editing and changing heads,,, I got left out. :) Maybe on purpose?

I know it was a great rally, Nancy and Dave always do a great job.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'
03-30-2015, 02:45 AM
Trying to crowd that many people together started to get a little difficult. If you're not in it it's your own fault. Just look at some of the heads across the back row peeking over. Should have given them little red and whitre hats so we could play find Waldo. If you notice, I'm not in any of them either. Being in the witness protection program, I try to keep a low profile and not draw any attention to the 'Lil Guy'.

BTW, Debbie edited out some good pics because they weren't flattering of her. For instance, the one in the parking lot holding the broom before the group pic was taken. That's the 1st one I posted with the caption of "She just flew in from the East".
She made me take it out.

pegmikef
03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Another highlight of the rally was an impromptu post rally lunch for several of the late departees at El Paseo restaurant on 180 halfway between the center of town and Walmart. Several of the taco lovers said that the tacos were the best that they had ever eaten in a restaurant.

danemayer
03-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Another highlight of the rally was an impromptu post rally lunch for several of the late departees at El Paseo restaurant on 180 halfway between the center of town and Walmart. Several of the taco lovers said that the tacos were the best that they had ever gotten in a restaurant.
Looks like the usual suspects.

nander
03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Another highlight of the rally was an impromptu post rally lunch for several of the late departees at El Paseo restaurant on 180 halfway between the center of town and Walmart. Several of the taco lovers said that the tacos were the best that they had ever eaten in a restaurant.

Great pics, Mike! Thank you!

nander
03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Whow... that would have been a great picture,, but somehow in your editing and changing heads,,, I got left out. :) Maybe on purpose?

I know it was a great rally, Nancy and Dave always do a great job.

Jim M

Hahahahaha, Jim!! You weren't even there! ;)

jimtoo
03-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Hahahahaha, Jim!! You weren't even there! ;)

I was there in spirit, wishing and hoping everyone was having a great time. :D

Jim M

happykraut
03-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Dave and Nancy thanks for a great rally. We enjoyed ourselves very much. See you in Goshen. Bernie & Judi.

HornedToad
04-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Baker,

If I knew Lil Guy was a Texas Tech Red Raider fan,
I would've invited you to a tailgate!!!