Installing a Frigidaire by Electrolux - Model FFSC2323LS9 into our 2012 Big Country 3690SL

icechex

We have a 2012 Big Country 3690SL and after finding out that the 'new' Big Country 5th wheels now have an option for a residential refer (Frigidaire by Electrolux - Model FFSC2323LS9) we were wondering what is involved in installing one in our 5th wheel.

Note: there's nothing wrong with ours outside of the fact that when the outdoor temps get over 90 degrees we have a hard time maintaining 35 degrees in the refrigerator and 'god help us' if the outside temp is around 100 degrees.

What I am hoping to find is a "guide" on how to install one of these refers in our 5th wheel.

I realize there is an excellent guide on installing the Samsung but it's not the same size as ours and I was hoping to be able to replace ours without a bunch of modifications, i.e. losing the bottom drawer.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's a good question. "How does one "edit" the thread itself?" I mistakenly put 2011 instead of 2012 in my post and after realizing the mistake was able to "edit" it correctly to 2012 ----- everywhere------- but on the "thread line" itself.

Anyone know how to "edit" the thread itself? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

I think you'll have a very difficult time finding a step by step guide to installing this specific refer.

Also - to leave the bottom drawer may mean two things:

• You "may" need to rebuild the drawer box to ensure enough strength to support the vertical load of the new refer
  • You will have a hard time reaching items on the upper shelf of the refer as it will be pretty high
As a side note, club members John and Alina Lindstrom (blog link) just had a company install a residential refer in their Landmark and as I understand it, the first go-round, the refer was too high. They had it redone and now the refer sits on the slide floor. Alina is happy with it now. See a pic of it at the blog link above.

If you are handy at carpentry, have some decent tools, this can be a DIY project. If one is not too handy at carpentry, this project might be best left to others to do for you.

Wishing you all the best on this and do let us know what you ended up doing and maybe even provide project pictures (before, during and after).

VKTalley

Icechex, we are in the process of changing out our camper refrigerator for a residential refrigerator in our 3690SL. I will get my husband, Malcolm (MCT), to answer some of your questions. He talked to another owner (not the one Jim mentioned) about their change out; size, placing, cabinet adjustment, inverters, etc. We will be finishing this change over this fall.

icechex

Icechex, we are in the process of changing out our camper refrigerator for a residential refrigerator in our 3690SL. I will get my husband, Malcolm (MCT), to answer some of your questions. He talked to another owner (not the one Jim mentioned) about their change out; size, placing, cabinet adjustment, inverters, etc. We will be finishing this change over this fall.

Thanks for the response and I will appreciate anything your husband can tell me.

Thanks again...

icechex

I think you'll have a very difficult time finding a step by step guide to installing this specific refer.

Also - to leave the bottom drawer may mean two things:

• You "may" need to rebuild the drawer box to ensure enough strength to support the vertical load of the new refer
  • You will have a hard time reaching items on the upper shelf of the refer as it will be pretty high
As a side note, club members John and Alina Lindstrom (blog link) just had a company install a residential refer in their Landmark and as I understand it, the first go-round, the refer was too high. They had it redone and now the refer sits on the slide floor. Alina is happy with it now. See a pic of it at the blog link above.

If you are handy at carpentry, have some decent tools, this can be a DIY project. If one is not too handy at carpentry, this project might be best left to others to do for you.

Wishing you all the best on this and do let us know what you ended up doing and maybe even provide project pictures (before, during and after).

Yes.... I realize that it might be difficult and I also realize that I might just (in the end) stay satisfy with what I have, which might be for the best anyway. Seldom are we in places where the outside ambient get's so hot that it affects the refer (anything over 90 degrees).... morale to the whole thing might just be - to stay in cool places. lol

Thanks for the response and btw, if I do this deal I will take step by step pictures.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Have you tried all the less expensive fixes for better cooling? Adding a fan inside the box will help a little but a cooling fan for the coils outside may be the answer to your problems!