Looking at different Heartland models

Hello there,

We are looking to start full-timing in January 2015 and are about ready to purchase our first Fifth Wheel. We have it narrowed down to a few different options that we will be able to compare in person at the Hershey, PA show. One of those is the Gateway, they have a new floorplan the 3900SE that has all the requirements we are looking for. We are also looking at a Montana floor plan as well as a Cedar Creek at the moment. I wanted to know if anyone had anything to say about the Gateway in general just any info that may help us make a better decision.

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to seeing you in Hershey!

By the way, maybe you can swing by the upcoming rally in Berlin, MD to meet some of us and walk through some of our RVs (LINK).

donr827

When looking at the trailers at the show go beyond the glitz. Spend the time to check out frames, tires, brakes. Spend time looking at the drawer construction and quality of fit and finish. Spend time on the owners forum for the makes you are looking at. Makes sure your truck can safely pull and stop the trailer............Don

Medic403

Hello hpripstein, welcome to the forum. We have a Gateway 3650bh and we love our camper and have had very few problems with it. I don't think the Gateway is considered a full timing camper and can void the warranty. Not positive but might be something you want to check on. Good luck!

1_oldgoat

Gateway is an excellent quality rv, my wife and i took delivery of our 3500RE last November and have used it every month since except May and June due to truck issues, other wise we would have been out then as well. We have been in sub zero temps and above a hundred devrees and stayed comfortable in both. We love our fw, its our 4th new unit and by far the best quality of any. Very few warrenty issues, none would stop being able to use the rv. More std options than any other we looked at.
Welcome to the forum and hopefuly see ya around here more. Any questions you have just ask, extremely helpful people with alot of knowledge.