Broken garage door spring.

oscar

One of them snapped, in the middle, of course. Have to call Heartland, but the unit is over a year old so I expect that it isn't covered.

Maybe I can get them to send me a part, but looking at the pivot point, it looks like an interesting piece to take apart.... Anyone ever done it?

jnbhobe

They are just like a garage door, I also have some repair splicers but I doubt anyone will sell you one.

oscar

They are just like a garage door, I also have some repair splicers but I doubt anyone will sell you one.

I have done torque springs on garage doors. This is different. Every hinge has to come off. Getting them back on and properly sealed, as they presumably were from the factory is a major undertaking.

scottyb

I was just looking at mine. They are not under tension while in the up position. I just haven't figured how to get the end cap off of one end of the rod that goes through the center. I have been thinking about adding a solid piece of aluminum plate to reinforce where they put stress on the door. The door seems to be getting stressed at each of those points.

We have a 2014 Cyclone at a seasonal spot this summer with the patio deployed most of the summer. When I went to close up I found that two of the door springs had broken. Looks like it would be a real pain to try to replace them. Anyone know if these are replaceable? This is my second season with the camper so if is out of warranty.

remoandiris

We have a 2014 Cyclone at a seasonal spot this summer with the patio deployed most of the summer. When I went to close up I found that two of the door springs had broken. Looks like it would be a real pain to try to replace them. Anyone know if these are replaceable? This is my second season with the camper so if is out of warranty.

I assume you want to know if they are "owner" replaceable. You'll probably have better luck going to an independent RV repair shop. Those springs are under tension and could be a real bear to replace.