I Need a List for Walk Through with Dealer

Jhuff8181

We are going up to Vermont next week to inspect our new 2015 Gateway 3650BH. I would like to know if there is a list available of things we should look at or inspect during the walk through. I want to catch everything I can while it is at the dealership since we live about 175 miles away. Thanks, John

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
And have them pull the basement wall down for you sometime during the PDI so you can check for any small leaks and just give each of the hand tighten fittings a little twist. Also, make sure you operate the outside shower. On all 3 of my prior rigs the outside shower hoses leaked and only my last rig and this one was I savvy enough to have asked them to take down the basement wall so I could get to the water connections during the PDI.

Operate EVERYTHING in the rig during the PDI or stay at a campground very near the dealership so you can have them come check out anything you find wrong. For example, on one of our rigs we had a speaker wire that was bad and the speaker therefore did not play any sound. We did not notice it during the PDI as we just turned on the stereo and walla, sound, so we did not investigate further. Our mistake.

On our current Landmark, we just found that the HDMI cable that leads from the TV to the extra HDMI cable hookup in the cabinet does not work or is bad and has to be replaced.

I can't urge you strongly enough to operate everything. Have electric, water and sewer hookups if possible while you are at the dealership and run each faucet, dump each waste and gray tank and flush the black tank so you can insure that connection is not leaking.

These rigs are equivalent to an earthquake each time they roll down the road, so there will naturally be a few small things that go wrong, especially in the beginning. Understanding and expecting that will lower your frustration level immensely. Also, having the dealership and repair guys right there to fix it on the spot will do so even better.

Good luck and have fun and make great memories!!!

Rod Ditrich