Replacing Duo-Therm AC unit with Carrier Heat Pump

I just received my new Carrier heat pump a couple of days ago and was wondering if anyone has switched to a heat pump?

I will be changing out the 15k Duo-Therm, ducted unit for the Carrier 15k heat pump on my 2009 3400RL. I have read the instructions and it seems like a fairly simple procedure. As always, if anyone here on the forum has any previous experience that they want to share I would be grateful.

Also, If anyone needs a replacement Duo-Therm 15k ducted AC unit (the unit that comes on the coach from the factory) or knows anyone that does, I will sell it for $450.00 plus shipping. I bought our 3400RL on Dec. 7th, 2007 and the AC has been turned on one time just to see if it worked. It has not been used for more than 5 minutes.

Thanks, Jeff

Jimmyt5

I have a heat pump,works great.
When you install, just remove the trim cover you will find four bolts take them loose, unplug the power box, go on roof and pull loose from the tape holding it.
You will need to hook up the thermostat, I have a Du o threm.
This not everything but you get the idea go for it........

Jim

Blessed

I have a 15K DuoTherm Heat Pump and a 13.5 Duo Therm Heat Pump in the bedroom. They are great. Between the heat pumps and the fireplace I rarely use the furnace.
I think you may also need a digital thermostat with a heat pump setting