Considering Prowler

pr4wame

We are looking at a Prowler Lynx 18 Lx for our first trailer. Does anyone have pros and cons for this unit?
Thanks

danemayer

Hi pr4wame,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully some Prowler owners will see your post and let you know about their experiences.

argyll1st

Is prowler a new acquisition for heartland ? I'm thinking about a 26 or 27BH but can't seem to find any owners ? We're does prowler come in the heartland line up, near the bottom ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Argyll1st, RIGHT HERE is a link to HeartlandRVs web site.
On the left side is a line up of products.
I don't know if they are listed in any particular order.
You can compare standards and options

Peace
Dave

argyll1st

I've looked on the website but I just wondered were they've "placed" prowler in the range , is it mid or low level entry ?

danemayer

Hi argyll1st,

If you look at the bottom of the Heartland website and click on Travel Trailers, you'll see the Prowler is grouped with several other models. It appears to be positioned above the lightweight travel trailers and below the mid-profiles.

I suspect you're wondering why there are so many similar choices. Sometimes there are similar models at similar price points to facilitate better market coverage while giving dealers an exclusive territory for the model they sell.

If the Standard Features and Options for each model doesn't help you answer your questions, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for Ryan Brady, the General Manager of the Prowler/Trail Runner/Pioneer models. He or someone on his staff can give you more details.

argyll1st

Good advice, thanks, I will do that, I loved my sundance & would hate to buy a prowler only to find it was inferior or not as good at the Sundance was.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Is prowler a new acquisition for heartland ? I'm thinking about a 26 or 27BH but can't seem to find any owners ? We're does prowler come in the heartland line up, near the bottom ?

Yes, Heartland just recently purchased the Prowler brand . . .

argyll1st

A dealer just told me that the prowler walls are made of MDF and the Sundance is better because its made of marine ply, anyone no if this is true ?

argyll1st

Are the prowlers so new to the heartland family that no one has an answer to my question ? I like the look of the 2015 prowler 26bh but can't find an owner to give me any feedback on one

danemayer

Are the prowlers so new to the heartland family that no one has an answer to my question ? I like the look of the 2015 prowler 26bh but can't find an owner to give me any feedback on one
argyll1st,

It may be that Prowler owners don't know what the walls are made of. You might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask to speak with the Prowler sales team.

priorguy

Prowler along with Wilderness, Pioneer and others were acquired by Heartland from Fleetwood Manufacturing.

Not much listed in the online specs for the Prowler compared to what the Sundance says. Best to call or email customer service with your questions. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk