HUGE Storm Approaching!!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
:eek: I feel it is my honor and obligation to inform my fellow Heartland Owners, that I just got a call about 5 minutes ago of an approaching change in the weather! "Early next week" were her exact words! I was told this by a pretty reliable source, and although this is strictly hearsay at the moment, I have no reason as of yet to doubt the caller. :eek:

This is what I was told: My 2009 CYCLONE 3950 should be ready for pick-up 'early next week'!! None:D WHOO-HOO!!! None:D I'm pretty anxious about this upcoming event. Time for me to batten down the hatches and get ready for a heck-of-a-storm! Ya'll really ought to heed the advanced notice! You can't say I didn't warn you! I'll keep you posted!

truknutt

Committed Member
" None:D WHOO-HOO!!! None:D "

Well I guess that really sums it up now doesn't it?!

Congrats on the news..now the worst of the waiting begins; you know it's there but you just can't have it quite yet!

Imaginative posting by the way!

Dave

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Meteorological Information!

Fellow Heartland Owners -

About 3 weeks ago, I was informed of an approaching storm. At the time, I was told it would be arriving "early next week" - which turned out to be false. Winds must have shifted, high pressure clashed with low pressure or something - still not here. :mad: The first meteorologist has since been replaced with another and this one just informed me that the cloud bank is forming, once again - and Saturday is the date of arrival! :D

Take precautions immediately! Get in your shelters! The whirlwinds are gathering and (cross fingers, knock on wood) THE CYCLONE 3950 #7933 should be whipping down the road by Saturday afternoon!!:):D:cool:

The anxious anticipation one reads about on this forum is definitely a fact. Updates forthcoming! Don't say you had no WARNING!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Nat'l Weather Service Alert!

The CYCLONE is on the ground! :eek: Whew! Clouds have been building for quite some time and the wait is finally over! :D BIG - WHOO-HOO!

We did our PDI last Saturday, 03-08-08. We got to the dealership at 830am and hauled the CYCLONE out at 5pm! :cool: Long day but awesome!

In a nutshell - Walker RV in Moore, OK was great! :) My PDI guy mentioned a couple of times that it usually takes about an hour , or so - but due to the cold (they tried to wash it first thing in the morning and the entire rear of the rig turned to ice!) and the fact we were 'first time RVers', it may take a little longer. I don't think, however, they were prepared for me to do quite an extensive PDI as I did - for several reasons: I'm living in it as soon as I get it and want it right AND thanks to all of you and the HOF, I had my ducks in a row and wasn't as un-educated as he may have thought! The 8 pages or so on my PDI kinda smothered the couple of pages he had! 2 thumbs up to all of you Heartland Owners (does that make us HOs?), ya'll certainly helped me immensely!

During MY PDI, everything I noted was immediately repaired. Most were pretty minor repairs - dresser drawers or cabinet doors out of adjustment, light bulbs out, TV screen dirty, carpet ragged on edges and basement compartment locks inop. They also removed the door trim on the door to the garage bathroom and cut the frame square so the door would shut. By the time things thawed out and I filled with water, it was too late to actually run the washer/dryer, so I told them I'd be sure to let them know if there was a problem with it. ;) They didn't know how much fuel was in the generator tank, but the gauge was under E - and I ran it for about 15 minutes.

I was all over, under, in and around this rig and I must say - I am truly impressed with Heartland. Outstanding product! Overall: A++!

We towed it home (via a mall parking lot on Saturday evening, but that's another story) and parked across the street from the house. After loading it up yesterday, I left after midnite and drove 95 miles toward my destination. At 230am, I stopped in a parking lot of a hotel (where I have spent way too much $$) and slept a couple of hours - IN MY OWN HOME - before continuing to my destination at Crowder Point Campground on Lake Eufaula, OK.

When I left my home, I filled the fuel tank - the gauge is still inop. I'll be looking at that. At the hotel stop, I noticed the Washer/Dryer had bounced out of it's cubby-hole about 4 inches. The strap used for securing during travel was only screwed through some paneling, not a stud, on the left side. During the bounce out - it broke the front lip on the drain-a-way pan underneath. I'll have to have that replaced. I returned it to it's cubby and secured the strap to a stud.

I averaged 10.6mpg towing and 20mpg solo the rest of the day today!

I am the happiest camper in the storm!:D;) Ya'll better get your ponchos, raincoats and rubber boots cause it'll blow your umbrellas away!

truknutt

Committed Member
NoneNoneNoneWHA-HOO!NoneNoneNone

Way to go HT!

Your anticiapation was starting to eat me up! Enjoy the "STORM" ! When you're done tearing up the Midwest and you figure out how to contain that thing, you need to bring her out East and wreak some havoc in the HOV (Heartland Owner's Vehicle) lane! :D

Dave

woodenit

HT
How's the 3950 treating you? We're seriously thinking of going that route for fulltiming and just want the low down on that unit.
TJ

jpmorgan37

HT;
Congratulations and it sounds like you did great. One suggestion. Take that catch pan under your washer and throw it away. We don't use one and have never had a problem with our washer moving (ours is a combo) and we don't strap it down. It just sits there. That was recommended by Camping World when we bought it and by the dealer that installed it. Just FWIW.

John