Low Clearance Database Update

SilverRhino

An updated release of the Route-1 (USA) low clearance POI database is now available to download. It's been a while since their last update due to the creation of the Canadian database and some behind the scenes maintenance so this update is fairly major. 208 new entries and 12 corrections have been added, taking it to 4,226 in total.

The data is available for Garmin, Microsoft Streets & Trips, Google Earth, TomTom, MapSource, and Rand McNally. You can access all o fthe formats that you require for your personal use. Go to LowClearances.com to update or get your Lifetime subscription. This is by far the best source I have found for low clearances and is very easy to use.

Travel Safe!

pegmikef

thanks . . . funny you should post this because I just installed the January update yesterday (forgot I had it).

SilverRhino

Can this be installed on the Ford factory navigation system?

I am not sure about that, best bet would be to go to the web site and ask them, or check your manual that came with your Ford. If you can load custom points of interest, you should be able to install the Low Clearance data base.

Good luck!

pegmikef

Can this be installed on the Ford factory navigation system?

I have a 2013 Nav system in my Ford truck and I haven't found any way to load anything. The tech our dealer has that teaches users how to use the Ford electronics also said you can't load any nav data into it. If you go to the link it has a list of the devices and programs it supports. I use it for S and T.

haulinem

Thanks Mike, kind of what I thought so I'll just install it on my phone. It definitely looks like a worthwhile investment.

Terry

Bohemian

You can only update the Ford Nav systems through Ford at >$100.00 a pop, each and every time. Also, updates are only available every couple years. They are not competitive with aftermarket systems which typically charge $100.0 for lifetime updates available ever quarter.