Vacuum cleaners in the coach

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So mainly aimed at those who do the cleaning in the coach-- what vacuum do you use, or do you have the central vac? How many have the new Dyson stick vac, and how do you like it?

I have a little rechargeable 2 in 1 stick/hand vac, but am looking for something that does a better job.

Greengas

This is the second rv we've had that came with the Dyson stick. We love it and would never go back to a central vac. The Dyson is just more flexible.

rxbristol

We've had both. The long hose with the central vac was a pain and it was loud. We both like the Dyson, but my wife does complain it hurts her hand to hold the on button because of her arthritis.

jbeletti

Erika,

I'm on my second coach with the Dyson and we really like it. It is NOT as good as an AC powered home vac but it does fine for daily upkeep. I try to use a home vac in the RV after we get home from each long trip to do that deep vacuuming.

Kathy Adams (kakampers) uses a Shark upright AC vacuum that has a good price/performance ratio. We need a new home vac and are considering a Shark upright.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When we ordered our BH we opted to not get the central vac option. We had just bought a Dyson DC14. It was heavy but shucks, we just spent $500! It started making wierd noises after a few years and we didn't want to spend a lot of money so we bought a little Hoover Nano cyclonic at WallyWorld for $55. What a surprise! It outperformed the Dyson and weighed half as much. We bought a 2nd Nano for our sticks & bricks. Love it. LINK

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep...LOVE my Shark rotator. Actually is better than the much more expensive Dyson Animal we used to carry...and IMO worlds better than the Dyson stick that came in the Landmark. It breaks down into two sections and is easily stored in the cargo bay. In addition, if they did away with the second trash can in the new Landmark 365 it would store perfectly right there in the island...hint, hint!

jbeletti

Yep...LOVE my Shark rotator. Actually is better the much more expensive Dyson Animal we used to carry...and IMO worlds better than the Dyson stick that came in the Landmark. It breaks down into two sections and is easily stored in the cargo bay. In addition, if they did away with the second trash can in the new Landmark 365 it would store perfectly right there in the island...hint, hint!

Kathy,

Thanks for weighing in. You miss very little online, on any forum :)

That second trash can space in the Ashland is going away and I assume, eventually in the Newport, though I'm not certain on that.

We may put a shelf in there as most will not store their vacuum cleaner there but I'm sure the shelf can be removed with little effort.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Erika...the professional....and Jim, what else do I have to do? I spend 12 hours a day in a truck just watching....LOL!

olcoon

We've got a small Craftsman shop vac. Sally likes it because it's got more suction than others she's tried. Doesn't have a carpet attachment, but does pretty good. Sometimes she'll bring the big one out from the house when we get home, but not often. It's come in handy a time or two with a water leak in the basement in our rig, and I've loaned it out to a few others when they've had water leaks. Double duty!

dbbls59

I know about Roy's shop vac having used it to clean up after a water leak. The built in vac is next to worthless because it doesn't have a beater head. We bought a small vacuum with a beater head at Tarrget. Don't remember the name and the trailer is in storage so I can't che check but it does a good job.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Make the shelf removable to allow more options for that space...

How about make the shelves optional and leave the 2nd bin for those that may like it?

The Cyclone currently has 4 vacs on board.
The Eureka central vac, which I tend to use for projects and some general cleaning. Exhaust is outside the trailer. I like the vac.

Eureka Optima compact bag-less upright (corded). Works real good, but a bit noisy and the exhaust tends to blow stuff around in front of the vac at times, especially on the linoleum. Cumbersome to move around for Deb.

Dyson DC44, which is a bit of an upgrade over the Dyson 35 that comes in the trailers. Better in both battery life, power and the beater bar is electric instead of air powered. Quick "go to vac" for everyday use.

BTW, Lowes in our area have been closing out the Dyson DC35 for $135

I'm still not convinced bag-less is the way to go. Popping a bag out and putting a clean one in is a lot less work then cleaning out either the Eureka or Dyson.

Our 4th vac is a Milwaukee 18volt shopvac, on standby for any mess that may require a wet dry capability.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD