COAX Connectors

danemayer

I was helping a new Big Country owner who couldn't get his over-the-air TV to work. Cable worked fine. After a lot of investigation it appeared there was a problem with the signal booster.

While working on it, I noticed that Heartland has moved to a higher quality COAX connector at the signal booster, and in the entertainment center, and probably in other areas. Since connector issues have been one of the most common problems with the cable, antenna, and satellite wiring, this may turn out to be a big improvement.

danemayer

Like. Was it a compression type connector?
I'm not sure. It had an outer case like a compression fitting, but didn't seem quite like the compression fittings I'm familiar with. The part of the outer casing away from the threads rotated.

rxbristol

I'm not sure. It had an outer case like a compression fitting, but didn't seem quite like the compression fittings I'm familiar with. The part of the outer casing away from the threads rotated.

I'll have to check what type I have.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The problem I had with mine was that the crimp connector in the wall and ceiling was never crimped.

Thus . . . no connection . . . no TV!

After having my dealership trying to fix it twice under warranty, I ended up borrowing a ladder from the campground up in South Dakota, crawling up on the roof and fixing it myself with a crimping tool from Shopko while on vacation!

SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg

pegmikef

I was helping a new Big Country owner who couldn't get his over-the-air TV to work. Cable worked fine. After a lot of investigation it appeared there was a problem with the signal booster.

While working on it, I noticed that Heartland has moved to a higher quality COAX connector at the signal booster, and in the entertainment center, and probably in other areas. Since connector issues have been one of the most common problems with the cable, antenna, and satellite wiring, this may turn out to be a big improvement.

Figures they would change. Especially since I went to my local electronics wholesale parts supplier and loaded up on the standard crimp on ones since I have the stripper and crimper. If it is an improvement, I may never have to use any more of them.

SeattleLion

We have the "new" kind. It is a good quality compression fitting for the RG6. Crimp connectors went away years ago. If you have any, I suggest you switch. I bought the tool needed at Home Depot for less than $50. The connectors are a bit more expensive, but are much more reliable.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
we have the "new" kind. It is a good quality compression fitting for the rg6. Crimp connectors went away years ago. If you have any, i suggest you switch. I bought the tool needed at home depot for less than $50. The connectors are a bit more expensive, but are much more reliable.

this is graet news! Go heartland!!!!