Bypass Water Valves on 2008 3670RL

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Has anyone re-plumbed the water lines and valves on the 08 3670 to be able to bypass and winterize without having to open the enclosed area in the storage compartment. I know the 09 comes with 2 valves in the compartment with everything else. If anyone has attempted this I would appreciate some hints. It sure would be easier to complete that task if that was done.

Thanks, Bill

Niles

We asked our dealer if he could do this for us, and of course the answer was yes for a little $, we'll see how little! Haven't got the unit back yet also had a few bugs to get fixed while there. Will let you know how the valve system works out, I hope it's as nice as factory.

bsummit

Bypass Valves 3670RL

Thanks Jim for the web site. They have everything you would need to do the project. Now just getting a plan together. It sure would help if someone with an 09 would jump in here and give me a diagram.

Thanks again,
Bill

DennisZ

Here is a plumbing drawing of how I installed the valves in my 07 3055. I purchased valves from a local plumbing supply, thought I would save some $$ over the Swan valves, I think it was a push. They get about $100 for the kit of both valves. You'll need to get some 1/2" flex tubing and clamps to finish the job. You'll end up with a big bag of extra valves and PEX fittings. I'm going to bring the rig home this weekend and will get some pictures of the mod to post.

Dennis

Attachments

• WATER VALVES.pdf
    9.3 KB · Views: 64

bsummit

Thanks DennisZ, the diagram will be helpful. Looking forward to the pic's of your set up.

Bill

jbeletti

Bill,

I snapped a picture today of the back side of a UDC before it was installed and completed. Here you can see the back of the Swan Industries valves. So with this visual and Dennis' diagram, I think you can do this :)

Best of luck.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC04347.JPG
    DSC04347.JPG
    657.3 KB · Views: 87

bsummit

Thanks Jim for the pic. I believe it's coming together. Now to just find the time to do it.

Bill

retroxrider

That's interesting....My '08 3670 HAS the valves in the UDC. My unit came from the factory in September, obviously they must have made some running changes. I guess I'll consider myself lucky!:rolleyes: I wonder what other '09 changes made it into my unit???

bsummit

Your 08 was probably built mid year when they had made the change. The valves and the motorized awning are the only changes that I seen in the 09.

Bill

retroxrider

Funny thing is that my dealer checked with the factory about installing an electric awning and they were told that was not an option, yet barely 5 months later it is.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My 08' 3600 was built in June and it too has the valves...when was your 08' manufacturered? Just curious....

billyk21

Docking Center

We just got back from the 2008 Trailer Show at Novi Michigan and saw the new 2009 Bighorns. One change Heartland made was moving the winterization from behind the black panel to the universal docking center, nice change :cool:. My question to the factory is, we have the 2008 BH 3370 and can that be done with ours? If so how do I go about getting a plumbing diagram and where can I get the parts?

Thanks,

Bill Kaufman

ChopperBill

My panel fits snug without any screws. Takes a second to remove. Its a good idea to check for leaks and things once in a while. Lots of fittings and things back there. I would not have found my sani-flush hose unhooked if I hadn't been taking a peek.

ChopperBill

That Swan auto anti-freeze system has to be the ultimate RV accessory! I might be tempted to do some Colorado winter camping if I had that set up.

Niles

Boy do I agree that the Swan auto anti-freeze set-up would be great, I have never seen anything like that before. I'm sure it's real cheap though!!! We got our 3670 back yesterday with the new valves for winterizing it and it looks almost like factory install, not the same swam valves but works the same and am looking forward to trying it out, so yes it can be done. And with that being said I want to compliment our dealer Modern Trailer Sales in Anderson Indiana, anytime we've had a problem their on it and customer service seems to be number one with them. We've had several trailers and not all the same brand, always been problems with all of them, just the way it is with house on wheels, and this is the best service from dealer to Manufacturer we've ever had, just a big old at-a-boy to you all.