Dodge Ram Tailgate

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
A While back I saw in either Trailer Life or Highways magazine an article about a spring you could drill and install on the Ram tailgate that would make it easier to open and close. You have to remove the tailgate drill and install then reinstall the tailgate. I cannot not find it now. Did anyone see it, know where it was or know the name and place to buy?
Thanks for any help!
Regards
Wayne

wfwilson

Thanks for the info. Those would work but I remembered after I posted it was not a shock type unit it was a torch-ion type bar you installed.
Thanks Wayne

wfwilson

Hi again
The easy down damper shows a video and it goes down real easy. Gayle is asking would it help when you went to raise the tailgate, making it an easier lift for her.
THanks
Wayne

truknutt

Committed Member
As khalsey stated: See the GateGlide at Genos Garage, "You can close the gate with two fingers of one hand, and the same effort opens it!"

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
For opening and closing, the GateGlide looks like a much better deal... plus I like Geno's as I buy all my filters from them...

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for the info. Those would work but I remembered after I posted it was not a shock type unit it was a torch-ion type bar you installed.
Thanks Wayne

Wayne,

I just came across this torsion setup today. It's the Hoppy Easylift. I'm not promoting the dealer, it was the first one to come up when I typed "Hoppy Easylift" in my search engine.

Is this what you were looking for?

Dave

timk

Wayne,
We did the torsion spring a year or so ago. I'd do it again, works great. We didnt have room for the other setup that goes up along the bedrails due to toolbox locations.
TimK

wfwilson

TimK
That is not the one I was thinking of but the same idea. Thanks Very Much. We are in Corpus Christi for only 3 days. Going to visit the USS Lexington. Then we go to San Antonio for 2 weeks I will order one when I am there.
Thanks Again
Wayne

wfwilson

TimK
Thanks again I did some surf-in and when I read the installation instructions I am sure it is the exact one I was looking for.
Thanks.
Wayne

wfwilson

TimK was correct

TimK was correct. We purchased the torsion bar from Hopkins mfg corp. Hoppy. www.hopkinsmfg.com. The bar is hidden and now the tailgate can be lifted with a couple of fingers. Very simple design. Works well, and even I was able to install so it has to be simple.
Thanks TimK
Regards
Wayne