Ads when using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Ad's

Yes, I thought it was just me. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It was gone for a day, but then it came back. Trace

RoadJunkie

Remove the App. Apps are based on advertisement and marketing information gained by access to the phone by the app.

danemayer

There may be something we can do about it at our end. I've contacted our technical moderator.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

It goes away if everything with new posts are read or marked read. It is annoying but can be ignored. Atleast it is not popping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Any further news from the tech moderator?
This is still showing up.
Thanks, Trace

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

I think it's a way for Tapatalk to pay for itself. Doesn't bother me. I just scroll right past it.

jbeletti

When Tapatalk went to a "free" model for their mobile clients, they inserted an occasional ad between two posts, only when viewed using the Tapatalk client.

As Gus mentions, this is the Tapatalk creator's way of monetizing his efforts. They also have versions that allow forum owners like us to have our own ads running in order to monetize the forum. We're not planning on doing that.

So for those of us who like using Tapatalk on our phones and tablets, viewing a few small ads placed by Tapatalk is the price we have to pay. Sorry about that.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

At least it isn't as full of junk as Facebook.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I have TapatalkPro. Although I have not yet seen any ads with this version, others have.
A lot of not so flattering reviews HERE.

Peace
Dave

dalspot

I haven't noticed any ads either. But then I paid (a good bit!) for the app a few years ago.

I have TapatalkPro. Although I have not yet seen any ads with this version, others have.
A lot of not so flattering reviews HERE.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hey - I think I turned the ads off. Let me know if you see them in the Tapatalk app going forward. You may have to quit the app and relaunch it for the change to take affect in your client.

jnbhobe

Hey - I think I turned the ads off. Let me know if you see them in the Tapatalk app going forward. You may have to quit the app and relaunch it for the change to take affect in your client.

It's gone on my phone, Ihad to quit and sig back in.

jbeletti

I too had to quit out of Tapatalk, then relaunch it and reselect the Heartland Owners Forum. Below are before and after shots:
Tapatalk - Before (ad visible).jpg Tapatalk - After (no ads).jpg

TandT

Jim,
I didn't have to do anything and it's gone at the moment.
Thank you. Trace