Corner Shower Faucet

here4now

We prefer single-handle faucets in the shower because it makes it easier to turn the water off and on to take "Navy" showers when we need to conserve water. I can see why Heartland may not want to install single-handle shower faucets for cost reasons. However, it would be nice if on the Big Country floorplans with the corner shower (3150RL, 3450TS, and 3596RE) they would move the plumbing access port down about 3" and move the currently used faucet down about 2" so there would be room for the owner to install an after-market single-lever himself if he wanted to. As the faucet is currently installed, there is not enough room between the access port and the soap dish for a typical single-handle faucet.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We use an oxygenics shower head that came with a cut off button to do what you are talking about. Much easier than cutting water off and trying to get temp right again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here4now

I still prefer the type of single-handle faucet we have. You just push the lever down to turn the water off, and as long as you don't move it left or right, the temperature stays the same when you turn it back on. Way easier than taking the shower head out of the holder to turn the knob. And the knob on our Oxygenetics is really hard to turn, especially with wet, soapy hands.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sad - we have an older Oxygenics. No knob or button :-(

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had the twist style oxygenics. I looked all over for the push button part to buy separately. It was not available, even from Oxygenics. We ended up getting a push-button style and replaced our unit.

I like the push button, much easier to use in the shower. Only issue is once I push the button run turn the water back on, I get a quick blast of hotter water, then it goes to the proper temp. I've learned to not stand under the stream until a few seconds after the button is pressed, until the temp has normalized.

JonV

We bought a push button attachment last winter while in Florida while browsing a Camping World. Love it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, just discovered this weekend that the push button alone is available!

697d39f6ed9c4cbf60eada7d394e6b02.jpg