ATF: ElkRidge - Kitchen Slide Issue

Mike_T

I inherited a 2012 Elkridge 34TSRE from my father two weeks ago. I pulled it to South Carolina from Nebraska, stopping two nights along the way. The kitchen slide had no issues. Now that I have it parked and leveled (used a small level in the fridge to verify with the slide retracted), the kitchen slide does not fully extend. It is to the point where it is 98% out but the bottom has to "kick out" to level everything. I know approximately 0 about how these things work and my father did not leave me an owner's manual. Now that he is gone, I've got nobody to ask so I figured I would give this a shot.

Thanks,
Mike

danemayer

Hi Mike_T,

Sorry about the loss of your father. That's a tough way to get an RV.

You may want to visit the Heartland RVs website to download a manual. They're somewhat generic, but do have a lot of interesting information. If you click on CUSTOMER SERVICE at the top of page, you'll see a button to download a manual.

In the manuals section of this forum, we have a large collection of manufacturer manuals for the various subsystems and appliances found in the RV. We also have a special section containing owner-written user guides that provide information not found in any manufacturer's manual. There are also a few troubleshooting guides that may come in handy in the future. You can also reach the these areas of the forum by selecting the TOOLS tab at top of the page.

And of course there's a great group of friendly and helpful people here who will no doubt chime in with specific help and ideas on your slide problem.

Mike_T

Thanks Dan (also my father's name btw). I have the generic manual you mentioned and have poured through it a few times. The closest thing I could find was that the hydraulic pump could be driven manually. Of course, I don't have hydraulic slides so... I also looked at the manufacturer manuals on this site but, not knowing who makes the slide systems on my unit, they are not real helpful. I'll keep poking around. I can see that there is a lot of useful information on here so I am sure to be checking in often as issues arise. Thanks for the reply.

Mike

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Could something small like a pencil have rolled under the slide at some point, causing it to not go all the way out properly? Has the slide caught on an unseen cabinet door? I know slides can get out of adjustment, and there are ways to adjust it yourself. You can also research "how to adjust a slideout" on UTube, I believe Lippert manufactures the slideout mechanisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_T

I have checked, checked again and then checked again for a blockage. Is it possible for something to have caused a blockage that is not visible from hands and knees level? Is there a space that something may have fallen down into that I can scoop around with my hand and inspect?

Thanks,
Mike

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another possibility is the jam nuts for the hydraulic ram may have shifted. Take a look at the threads to see if a section near the nuts looks cleaner than the rest.

Mike_T

I will definitely check that. As far as I know, my slides are electric though. Honestly, I might as well be inspecting the Hubble Telescope when I get underneath the camper as I know about the same with either... Nice truck by the way. I'm not sure what year my father's truck is but it is very similar to yours. It pulled the camper nearly effortlessly. We averaged over 15mpg from Nebraska to South Carolina.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mike, you might call either Lippert or HL service direct. The PH#'s are on the portal page on the left side. BTW, using the ATF thread might get you answers, but most likely not. Your best bet is to use a thread starter close what part of your coach your having the issue with. You will get faster and more answers.

The one thing I can tell you is....you might be able to see under the slide with it out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are the vertical slide facia pieces flush with the interior wall, or are they angled? Just for reference, here's part of a pic of ours, and you can still fit the edge of a throw rug under the edge of the kitchen slide.
29c9c19c8a43b18f46d8788425ef58a4.jpg