Antenna Torn Off

Well I did it! Thought I had lowered the antenna but did not. I pulled out of my driveway and ripped it off on the overhead lines. The outside base and inside crank look ok. The two uprights and antenna are destroyed.
I have looked online for the AntennaTek 550 and can't locate one in my area. My question is, if I buy a Winegard, can I just replace the upright pieces and antenna without having to remove the base and crank. The Winegard "looks" like the parts will interchange.
Thanks
HarleyCowboy

Not yet Dave. I just did this last night. I have a trip planned for Friday and Im trying to fix it before we go. The manufacturer is in CO. Dont know if I could get it here in time to install. But I will call them if I can't find a soultion.
Thanks

danemayer

As long as you have to replace it, look at the Jack antenna. Most people find it works much better.

dbbls59

I did the same thing a few months ago. I found a supplier in my area that order the parts for me. The leveler that attaches to the antenna head, and the worm gear that goes into the arm. It stripped the holes out in the end of the arms but I just cut off the arms, redrilled the holes and it worked. Winegard has the leveler built into the antenna head but the Antenna Tec does not. It is easy to replace. Parts cost me $20.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks Don. I didn't think about cutting the arms off. I still will need the antenna.
Kent

Like someone else said . . . skip the batwing and stop at a Camping World and get the Jack antenna.

I replaced my Antenna Tec (which are made just up the road from me) with the Jack and immediately got 30 more TV channels in my side yard.

And pulled in several stations at a campground up in the mountains where I could never get any TV stations before.

Thanks JohnD and everyone else that responded. The base and internal parts were still intact. I found the antenna, lifting arms and gear at a local dealer. Although the parts were for Winegard, they fit and work eith the AntennaTec. I was able to get it all mounted yesterday befor the rain. I just need to recrimp the fitting on the cable and all will be good again.
Thanks again for all the help.
Kent

JohnD

Thanks JohnD and everyone else that responded. The base and internal parts were still intact. I found the antenna, lifting arms and gear at a local dealer. Although the parts were for Winegard, they fit and work eith the AntennaTec. I was able to get it all mounted yesterday befor the rain. I just need to recrimp the fitting on the cable and all will be good again.
Thanks again for all the help.
Kent

Hope all works out!

Keep the Jack antenna in mind if you ever get frustrated with the batwing . . .

We live on high ground in the north Denver metro area, and with the batwing I couldn't get all of the local major channels unless I re-aimed the batwing to several different positions.

With the Jack, I have it pointed toward Lookout Mountain (which is where most of the TV towers are), and I get them all without having to fuss with the direction of the Jack!

Now, some of the smaller local channels I have to move the direction a few inches to fine-tune their signals where with the batwing I didn't even know those obscure channels even existed as it couldn't even pick them up!

I got the Jack antenna at Camping World for $39 (they matched their internet price in store), and mounted it to the Antenna Tec tower.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/king-digital-hdtv-antenna-replacement-head/68415

Took maybe five minutes to install.

I kept the batwing as I'll probably put it back on when we sell or trade in our Trail Runner in the future.

Now, one other thing I ordered from Camping World online (as they never had them in the stores) was a TV signal meter.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/king-surelock-digital-tv-signal-finder/68416

Cost about $35 as saves gobs of time scanning for channels!

Just turn it on and spin the antenna until the LED lights light up . . . then scan!

I will look at the Jack and a satilite system later. I was in a rush to get something back up there as we a headed out in the morning for the Labor Day weekend. Thanks again

JohnD

I will look at the Jack and a satilite system later. I was in a rush to get something back up there as we a headed out in the morning for the Labor Day weekend. Thanks again

Cool!

I'm jealous as we are not going camping this year over the Labor Day Weekend, which is typically a tradition for us, although we have our last outing of the year coming up in three weeks (from today) over in Rifle, Colorado for the Colorado Heartland Owners Club 2014 Fall Rally!

However, today I am doing a dry run with the trailer hooked up to my new truck (which, according to the OnStar app on my smartphone has 422 miles on it as it sits in my driveway) just to make sure everything fits and works!

Have fun this weekend!

Footnote:

If you haven't joined the Heartland Owners Club yet, please consider it!

The first year is free . . . and you'll meet lots of cool people and make many new friends!

And the rallies and campouts are a blast!