Shakedown of 2009 2900MK

jonesj2

Well we did our initial shakedown and had a few items that needed attention. For starters the shower leaked like a sift, I found that there was not silicone around the shower frame. Water was going behind the shower, between the sink and running down into the underbelly and soaking it. I purchased silicone and ran a bead around and dried the compartment with a fan, I think that problem has been resolved. The fresh water outlet in the UDS began dripping even after tightening it up as much as I could, this caused the water to puddle up in there and it wicked into the under belly as well. Again there was not enough silicone in the corner to stop wicking into the under belly. Siliconed the corner. The rear valance on the rear window was not screwed in completely and fell out during transport. The rocking chairs both squeak and are very annoying, and I had to adjust the metal trim going up to the bed room as it was sticking up and was a potential cutting hazard to feet when leaving the bedroom and the outside bottom step is bent to the left.

We also found that there are areas where there is no molding (trim work) or it is miss matched (Kitchen, shower area).

All and all pretty happy with the vehicle.

I just wish QC was a little more conscious of water issues as we know water is the number one enemy of campers.

Also had a minor issue with getting the hot water heater to work but spoke with Gary Schellenberg and he helped me get it up and running.

fishn2dmax

Congratulations on the new 5'er. We have the same 2900 MK floorplan but an 08. After seeing all the nice upgrades for 09, we kinda wished we waited for an 09. :( We too had a few initial annoyance issues, like you described, but overall we really like our new 5'er.

StevieWonder

There are more than a few threads/posts about water leakage in the showers in the various Heartland models. The factory would be well served to address this issue. A couple of dollars of silicone and a few more of labor is lot cheaper than major warranty repairs from leakage.

jonesj2

You are very correct, I did a search yesterday and sure enough there is a bunch of issues with water period. A little silicone would go a long way. I just wish these things were found at the factory, I am documenting everything.

I have even emailed Heartland, but to date had no responses from the individual I emailed. Not sure if I am too happy with that either, 4 days should be enough time to answer an email.

jbeletti

Hey Jim,

Not sure who you are emailing at Heartland but I suggest a quick toll-free call to Customer Service. A huge crew of people there waiting for you to call. 877-262-8032

Jim