Bunk and Garage Beds

I have a 2013 4100 King. The Lack of a garage bed ladder and ladder design on the Bunk bed has inspired these modifications.
First the Garage bed: I purchased a ladder from a local dealer. I found that when I attached it to the upper garage bed it caused the trim to want to collapse. I corrected this by placing a piece of angle aluminum across the front edge of the bed just behind the trim. Now the ladder can be attached anywhere long this Aluminum and be secure.
Next the Bunk bed: The ladder to the bunk bed is very uncomfortable on the feet when climbing. (That fix is later, saw it posted already) Instinctively you want to grab the first thing you can to assist in the climb. Unfortunately the trim along the access point is what you grab. This trim piece has no support. I took a piece of cardboard to trace the curve of the trim. I found an old wheel that had almost the same radius of the curve. Next heat was applied to the iron and bent the iron around the wheel. I drilled holes on the iron to mount it to the bed base behind the trim. Now when someone grabs the trim to pull up, they are actually grabbing the angle iron.

I just don’t understand how Heartland can’t see these little things the make the brace.jpeg

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGHere are the pics of the bunck bed bracing. Its hard to see in the pics. The first two are of the brace sitting on the counter top. The next two show the brace bolted to the floor of the bed.