New Members

'Lil Guy'

It's official. I'll now be known as Mr. 1328.:p What an ordeal. First, they said my TT was too little to join. Then my wife wasn't good looking enough. After that, they stated that I needed a dually truck and my 1500 Ram was too small to tow the appropriate 5th wheel. After threatening a lawsuit, they let me join. Now, with that said, I need to try to get reservations in Bullard to meet up with all of the "Big Rig" owners. Can't get enough questions answered here on the forum so I'll just start cornering people at the rally. I'll bet they'll make me park my "Lil Guy" (NT21FBS) on the other side of the RV park. Hope they have valet parking at the site. Otherwise, the wife and I will put on some kind of show. I thought I would just drive over and start asking questions about our near future plans and not give my TT a complex sitting next to all of those 5er's. Maybe I could just park it under a BH awning and save the site charge. Anyway, Frank and Debbie Baker are forever known as Mr. and Mrs. 1328. Just out of curiosity, is there any other member who has a small TT or do I have just eat it till we upgrade in the near future? Life is good and we're jealous of the people who are in a position to enjoy their rigs on a full time basis. Our day is coming. Later and have a great day.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
After Amy read your post she said it's not the size..... ah,er.....never mind I'm not going there. We know when they say "it's small but cute" they're just trying not to hurt your feelings. So, you are welcome to park in our long shadow and Amy & I will encourage you through your dimensionally challenged predicament. Just remember, as long as you have enough ice to marinade and you have something good for the pot luck you'll get along just fine.:)

jbeletti

Welcome baker!

I agree with Dave and Amy - size is not important in this area. You can have a whole lot of fun and make some great memories in any size Heartland RV. Especially when you're at a Heartland rally. Welcome and enjoy!

priorguy

If anyone else has a small TT you could split the site costs. I've got a slightly longer NT28BRS but the Low rider 2 step entry version. Even beside shorter trailers length wise I'm always shorter height wise. Shade from a neighbour is never an issue in the summer heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I hope your post was a "funny ha ha" Being a Chapter leader I would never send anyone away no matter what HL coach they had. In fact I tell people to come to a rally even if they cant for some reason bring their coach.

BTW, Jim B. would be livid over something like that.

So, welcome the the HL family and the owners club.

pegmikef

We went to a lot of rallies with our North Trail 26 LRSS and was usually the shortest guy on the block. Had a great time at all of them and I kind of liked being unique. The bonus was, as I am finding out, that I could take the North Trail to a lot of places whereas now we have to be a lot more selective with our fiver because of the additional height and length. We are looking forward to seeing you at Bullard.

'Lil Guy'

I hope your post was a "funny ha ha" Being a Chapter leader I would never send anyone away no matter what HL coach they had. In fact I tell people to come to a rally even if they cant for some reason bring their coach.

BTW, Jim B. would be livid over something like that.

So, welcome the the HL family and the owners club.
Bwa ha ha ha ha. We were going to put off joining till we retire in a short while. But I figured, what better place to find the answers to get it right the first time on which unit to purchase than parking right in the middle of a bunch of giant 5er's. My biggest enjoyment with the "Lil Guy" has been sitting outside in the evening and looking at the stars with a wine or whatever. Glad I've got the zero gravity chairs which will make looking straight up easier. I guess I could bring the extension ladder and put my chairs on the roof. BTW, on the other forums I go by Fat Frank. Couldn't use it on this site. Reason is, I'm 5'3" and weigh 245 Lbs. My biggest enjoyment is sitting around the campfire drinking and smoking cigars in my Speedo. Hope this doesn't offend anyone. I also hope my wife doesn't read or see any of this. The only part of my post I wasn't kidding about is the floorshow we put on trying to park this "Lil Guy" Truly a show to remember. Amidst all of the flailing, yelling and me getting in and out of the truck and just ignoring her, it's funny. Ask me about the gutters on my garage and the unforgettable statement, "you didn't tell me to look up". In the words of Homer Simpson, Dohhh

jbeletti

...BTW, on the other forums I go by Fat Frank. Couldn't use it on this site. Reason is, I'm 5'3" and weigh 245 Lbs....

Myself or any forum moderator can change your username for you. Fat Frank is available :) Just let us know.

codycarver

The only part of my post I wasn't kidding about is the floorshow we put on trying to park this "Lil Guy" Truly a show to remember. Amidst all of the flailing, yelling and me getting in and out of the truck and just ignoring her, it's funny. Ask me about the gutters on my garage and the unforgettable statement, "you didn't tell me to look up". In the words of Homer Simpson, Dohhh

I must have missed that in the OP. I'll make sure to bring my judging chair and score card to Bullard. Sounds like we gonna have a goooood time. Sure you can't make it Jim????

jbeletti

I must have missed that in the OP. I'll make sure to bring my judging chair and score card to Bullard. Sounds like we gonna have a goooood time. Sure you can't make it Jim????

Dave - we will have "just" returned home after a 38 day trip when this rally begins. Actually, we'll be returning from the Central Region Rally in Amana, IA where we need you and Amy to appear :)

danemayer

Dave - we will have "just" returned home after a 38 day trip when this rally begins. Actually, we'll be returning from the Central Region Rally in Amana, IA where we need you and Amy to appear :)
Gee Jim, there's a whole caravan headed from Amana to Bullard - and it's right on your way home!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am glad we will be in Bullard for sure now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

So, sounds like you and Nancy need to follow Jay and Stella down to TX. And make it 48 days!! You can buy us all lunch and call it a "leadership meeting". Okay.... we'll settle for a six pack and a bone for Tucker.

jbeletti

Yeah, Tennessee.... Texas..... real close! We are with you Dan the Beletti's need to be there.

You guys are really ganging up on me :)

We will be home for a couple weeks in Oct before hitting the road for another month. Wish we could make them all.

Hey Frank, your thread is really getting a lot of non-relevant play :)

Mrsfish

Wait!! If he should be anywhere, it should be the inaugural arizona rally in October. We claim priority!