Fantastic fan wall controls

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010RE with the Honeywell wall control. Worked great untill the other day . In the past, as soon as I slid the lever to the right( no more than 1/8 inch) the cover opener would engauge, lift up and start the fan. Now the wall unit will do nothing to start the fan . Do these control units have a history of failure. The fan works fine manually( but it is a long ways up).

jbeletti

The Honeywell thermostat that has been widely used to control the Fantastic Vent fans are not super-reliable in the long run, in my experience. If you just want on/off and do not need thermostatic control, consider replacing the control with a simple wall switch of your choice. I usually do this modification for the bathroom/commode room vent fan.

As an aside, I see Heartland is now using, at least in Landmark 365, a new Fantastic Vent Fan branded wall controller. I really like it - even though we're using the most basic version of it. It does NOT look easily retrofittable to older fans however.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have one fan the lid/cover that sticks to the rubber seal. Either dry silicone spray (rattle can) or 303 protectant applied to the seal seems to help. Call Fantastic fan as they have a great warranty on their fans and have sent me parts "FREE" when we were WAY out of warranty. Their PH# is on the portal page...left side.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I wonder if a simple thermostat like the Hunter model many of us have installed for the furnace could be wired to operate the Fantastic Fan. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have in the past used some contact cleaner and a Q-tip to clean the contacts in the thermostat.
Also a little compressed air in a can.
Also cleaning the rain sensor on the fan itself is another maintenance item. If it is wet or dirty the fan may not work.
Worked for me.

Peace
Dave

DonHelenL

Thanks Jim...I just called customer service at Fantastic Vents and they are sending me a replacement wall control unit no questions asked. The gentleman indicated that they no longer purchase units from Honeywell because of reliability issues and when their stock is used up will be going to another brand. He suggested the same as you , to go to a simple switch or get a digital wall thermostat from any home repair retailer and just wire it up to the cold side and it will work great. Problem solved.( for now)