ATF: Gateway - Gateway 3650 BH questions

Gsxr130

Just wondering why the awning on my 2014 Gateway 3650 BH is so short? It is basically useless if it rains.
also why have electric landing gear and hydraulic slides?

Tallyrver

I thought the same thing first time I extended it out. Especially when the slide takes up about 4 feet of it.
I also converted my landing gear to dual motors. Nice mod.

Wayne

GWRam

Just wondering why the awning on my 2014 Gateway 3650 BH is so short? It is basically useless if it rains.
also why have electric landing gear and hydraulic slides?

Because of how low our awning is attached to the side of the camper when the awning is extended it is flat, no down slope (has to just barely clear kitchen slide) so it holds about 20 gals of water during a rain storm and then you will hear it dump about 10 gallons of it during heavy rains and start collecting again. The only way to get the water off the awning is to fully retract it, and then it dumps the water directly on the main entry door which will catch you by surprise the first time especially when its two days after the last rain. When it rains now we have learned to put everything away and keep the awning retracted till the rain passes. The awning is pretty much useless. If it had only been mounted 4-5" higher it would probably work like it should. Still be short though.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the replies. I guess no one from the factory can answer iPhone.
If the questions have been answered here by other forum members, the factory will not respond.
In answer to the question about electric landing gear, it all comes down to price point.
If you want hydraulic landing gear you have to move up in price line.

Peace
Dave

Gsxr130

okay thanks. Just wondering because my friends sandpiper was a lot cheaper it has a usable awning, hydraulic landing gear and usable outside kitchen sink.